FJ40 That's been sitting for ~20 years...HELP? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That's a cool find, but that's going to take A Lot of time, effort and $ to get running, even if you do all the work yourself. Good luck and start a build thread!
Yeah I might. I'm kinda in the process of buying a home currently so might take me a while but ill make a thread once I do. Thanks.

Just wanted to chime in here and say that I had similar situation.

What I did was tear out the radiator, housing, hoses and so on. Then rigged a hose on the outlet of the pump(replacing later) with tape over it to keep it sealed in.

Then I rigged a funnel for the housing inlet and poured evaporust into the block and let it work its magic for a bit.

Reassemble all new parts (core,hoses,heater lines,heater valve,thermostat, radiator, and so on)

Finally what was suggested to me which I think is brilliant is to install a filter in the hose where the coolant goes back into the radiator. As you will more then likely continue to get goop long after you flush it.

This guy on youtube has some really good info on getting a FJ running after have been sitting for a long time. Not sure if you guys have seen them yet, came out about 7 months ago. Check it out

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/embed/2qOIsb-5VEg" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This guy on youtube has some really good info on getting a FJ running after have been sitting for a long time. Not sure if you guys have seen them yet, came out about 7 months ago. Check it out

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/embed/2qOIsb-5VEg" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hah, I actually watched his suspension install video yesterday. My cruiser isn't nearly as rough as his are. Kudos to him for taking those projects on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom