fj40 snorkel question?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am wanting a snorkel for my 74 fj40 with F motor. My question is.... &nbsp:Do the snorkels use the existing air cleaner assembly or do the snorkels come with a new air cleaner integrated into them?

I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MAKING ONE. CHECK SOME TECH SITES AND JUST MAKE ONE.

If you are using a safari snorkel you can make it work. It comes with a lot more hose than you need, and you will need to modify the inlet end of the airbox and clamp it down tight. not a big deal. Hardest part for me was cutting into the metal for the first time. Oh, you will also need to relocate a couple of things a little lower on your inner wheel well in order to make room for the snorkel.

Hello:

I think that you will find that any snorkle that you purchase will be quite expensive and will require a considerable amount of modification in order to make it work and look good.

A home made snorkle will be much less expensive and is exptemely easy to make. Mine is made from light-weight seamless pipe, a Tracel intake hose, a lenght of rad hose from a detriot diesel engine and the top off the intake from an old air compressor. Including the pipe bending, this snorkel cost me about $22.

It actually looks and works excellent .... email me if you would like a picture at adsum30@hotmail.com

Mike

That snorkel does look good. I am a metal man myself, so I could get some 3 inch light weight steel pipe and mandrel bend it and have an all steel unit. I am also thinking about finding an air filter box off a tractor that uses the very large air filters and can be located anywhere that you want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom