FJ40 Roof OEM Color Code ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Anyone know what year the top color changed from Ivory Shell to Cygnus White? Got my top all prepped and ready to apply paint and would like to stick with OEM. I've got a 72' and suspect that was right near the factory color transition. All I can seem to find on threads is "older" ones had Ivory Shell and "newer" ones had Cygnus. Thanks!

Anyone know what year the top color changed from Ivory Shell to Cygnus White? Got my top all prepped and ready to apply paint and would like to stick with OEM. I've got a 72' and suspect that was right near the factory color transition. All I can seem to find on threads is "older" ones had Ivory Shell and "newer" ones had Cygnus. Thanks!
This is my current breakdown mostly based on scans of Toyota documents Mudders have shared. The exact transition year to Cygnus, I have not seen documentation on, just a bunch of comments that seem to support each other (or one person said it and everyone is just repeating it?).
(Note: There are 2 Lily whites)
64-66 Lily White 403 (1)
67-68 Lily White 403 (2)
69-78 Shell Ivory 302
78+ Cygnus White 012 (unverified)
Here is the paint formula I got for Shell Ivory from my local automotive paint supply (A lot of mudders seem to have had trouble getting it).
IMG_2786.jpeg

Very helpful. Thank you. I'm torn but leaning toward going with the Cygnus White, even though it might not be accurate to the year. Seems like its a more popular color (certainly in the later years), easier to match, etc. Also, I'll be painting the body Dune Beige and might look better with that extra color contract. Interested if anyone has any photos or comments on the Dune Beige with either top color.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom