FJ40 PTO propeller shafts and aftermarket exhaust systems (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.pirateslair.com
Does anybody know if there are any aftermarket exhaust systems that allow the PTO shaft to remain in the rig? For the cost of a bombed out original manifold I could be looking at a Spectre or equivalent, but none that I've found leave room for the shaft. Ideas?
Ken

don't know of any aftermarket exhausts that clear the pto shaft, my truck has had a custom made 3" exhaust made up to sneak around the pto shaft and remain above the gearbox crossmember, its very tight and the pto shaft has also been modified to give enough room for the exhaust

US market the stock exhaust ran outside the frame and clears the PTO shaft that it would if Toyota would have imported any with the PTO winch. I've run my 68 with a header that clear the PTO driveline. But it is very tight above the skid plate. That PTO has worn spot where it was rubbing on the exhaust. I'm sure it did wonders as well at over heating the gear oil. Best option is have a custom exhaust run from a good muffler shop. Ask around in your area who does good work. If you don't wheel it hard or have good ground clearance spacing the skid plate down would give you a little more room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom