Fj40 Paint codes? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can anybody tell me what the factory paint codes are for the wheel color and fiberglass roof cap? And whats the code for the mustard colored fj's? I"m restoring one of mine and changed my mind and decided to paint it the mustard color. Thanks, Pete

Mustard is code 532, I did a quick search but found nothing on the white top, I know I've seen it before. I'll check out some other sites.

After I posted this, I looked on ccots site and saw the code for the mustard color, but didn't see one for the wheel color.

[quote author=godzilla link=board=1;threadid=10369;start=msg92964#msg92964 date=1074646464]
After I posted this, I looked on ccots site and saw the code for the mustard color, but didn't see one for the wheel color.
[/quote]

for the wheels, I'm not sure there is a color code. But electical panel gray is very close as is the grey that ford used on its steel wheels.

Thanks for the reply pimp. That gives me somewhere to start then.

I now remember that someone posted at CCOT the powdercoating code(not OEM code) that TLC uses on it's wheels...........might try some searching over there.

[quote author=godzilla link=board=1;threadid=10369;start=msg93124#msg93124 date=1074659172]
Thanks for the reply pimp. That gives me somewhere to start then.
[/quote]

TLC4x4 powder coats their wheels Morton (7012) Basaltic Gray; however, it it too dark and too blue. Plain old electrical box gray works better.

Cygnus White is not a top and grill paint--it is body paint that showed up around 1972.

The correct Toyota codes for the wheels and top, respectively, are:

T1447 Gray
T302 Shell Ivory

FWIW, the metallic silver paint commonly used on bumpers, brackets, glove box door, etc, is not "pewter." TLC4x4 uses Morton Stardust Silver for powder coating, and it is a decent match.

The correct Toyota codes are:

T1434 Metallic Gray (1968 and newer)
T46 Silver Tan Metallic (1967 and older--slightly darker)

Another painting mistake is often made on fj45 pickup steel roof caps. Through 1968, roof caps are not white--they are the same as the body. I don't know about the later Canadian models.

The assumption of many is that the hard top and front grill are Cygnus white code T12. CCOT lists this on their site:

FJ-40, White, Cygnus White, Hard Top and Front Grill, Color Code T-12 PPG-833

I have seen the Cygnus in the the can and it looks to dark but I have read hear and on the Pirate board that once it goes on it looks perfect.

What gives?

Kevin

Thanks for the input red. I'll try those codes and see what I come up with. Thanks

Dang, I forgot I had this,even posted it a few months ago at Pirate...........all the trim codes(except wheels), right from Toyota.........
38650478.jpg

38650469.jpg

so yep the top is ivory T302 not cygnus white

and for fj55, BTW both of these are 1969 vintage

this has the wheel color, T1447
38650438.jpg

38650453.jpg

Redrock, is this where you got your codes? this is out of my old OEM parts books.........

OK. Everything is here except the color for the front and rear
heaters. While were getting it all down in this thread, give it
your best shot. I've seen heaters that are black, gray metallic,
even body colored (which is wrong I think).

[quote author=rgentry link=board=1;threadid=10369;start=msg94459#msg94459 date=1074871880]
OK. Everything is here except the color for the front and rear
heaters. While were getting it all down in this thread, give it
your best shot. I've seen heaters that are black, gray metallic,
even body colored (which is wrong I think).
[/quote]

sometime around 73 I think the heaters went from gray(same as cluster I think) to black. Body colored is not correct.

Nice work Razor. I am glad to see you found the other colors. Just a few more to go.

Kevin

Cygnus white acceptable codes:

T12

Here to help

Georg @ Valley Hybrids

Well, 10 years is a little long to chose a paint color. Hope they got one before then. :D

Metric TLC has the powder for powdercoating the wheels and other pewter goodies. AATLAS1X on MUD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom