FJ40 Height with 33" Tires (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys random question but does anyone know the height of the FJ40 (ground to top of the roof) with 33" tires and the Old Man Emu suspension kit?

I'm worried if I get a lift kit on the FJ with the 33" tires it might not fit my basement parking so any help would be appreciated!

I don’t have my hard top on to measure but I can tell you that my rig with a 4 inch lift and 33’s fits under a standard garage door opening. It might fit with 35’s but I can’t say for sure.

On my '75, with Toyo M55s 255/85/R16 (about 32-1/2" ) and a 2-1/2" Alcan lift in the rear and shackle reversal system in the front.

Less than 80 inches to the top of the hardtop. (Eyeballed at around 79" as parked in hard sand )

I can't give you an exact measurement of the height but I can give you a visual that may help. Here is a picture of mine loaded in my trailer that is 82" from the floor to the interior light hanging below the roof bows.

fj40 in trailer.jpg

Sorry for not having picture of exact clearance but it did clear. OME 2 1/2" lift and 33x12 1/2" - 15 Duratrac's.

Thanks guys thats actually really helpful.

My apartment building basement parking has a height limit of 200cm (6.56ft or 78.7inches) due to some pipping running below the ceiling which means I sadly can't get any lift and probably can do 31" tires only

Mine barely clears the garage door with 4” lift and 33’s. About 1.5”
23648AD3-80AC-42FE-ABC6-C5B59BAAAE23.jpeg

2.5" lift with 33's your looking at about 6'6" In height with hardtop.

2.5" lift with 33's your looking at about 6'6" In height with hardtop.

so close!!!! I have no idea how to get the 2" of extra clearance, so upsetting I'm being held back by so little.

There is a parking lot walking distance from my place, will pass by them later today to see if they have a yearly member and if they do how much it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom