MUDShip FJ40 Fiberglass Hard Top Cap - NC to CA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

EWheeler

4 Cruisers, No Garage !
GOLD Star
Threads
I've had a listing on u-ship for a month to move an FJ40 fiberglass hard top from NC to CA and am not getting any reasonable responses. I have a quote from YRC freight for just under $1k. Anyone have any recommendations on freight options? I know corporate accounts get heavy discounts, which makes me think real cost to ship this is well under $500. I found this out when a FedEx freight bill I received was reduced from $2200 to $400 when the invoice was moved to the receivers corporate account from my non-corporate account when I sent some welding equipment across the country recently. I got one hit just under $1k from u-ship, but figured I should be able to move it cheaper than that, and if not, I will be using someone more reputable than a random person on U-ship. Open to suggestions!

Thanks,
Evan

On Edit: This is for the fiberglass cap only from an FJ40 hard top.

Last edited:
I've had a listing on u-ship for a month to move an FJ40 fiberglass hard top from NC to CA and am not getting any reasonable responses. I have a quote from YRC freight for just under $1k. Anyone have any recommendations on freight options? I know corporate accounts get heavy discounts, which makes me think real cost to ship this is well under $500. I found this out when a FedEx freight bill I received was reduced from $2200 to $400 when the invoice was moved to the receivers corporate account from my non-corporate account when I sent some welding equipment across the country recently. I got one hit just under $1k from u-ship, but figured I should be able to move it cheaper than that, and if not, I will be using someone more reputable than a random person on U-ship. Open to suggestions!

Thanks,
Evan
Old Dominion. 130lb freight (H42 Trans) Burbank Cali to Terra Alta Wv right at 500$. A princely sum 2 months ago. But looking at recent fuel cost West to East and points in between, not a bad option.

Old Dominion. 130lb freight (H42 Trans) Burbank Cali to Terra Alta Wv right at 500$. A princely sum 2 months ago. But looking at recent fuel cost West to East and points in between, not a bad option.
Yeah, I suspect my footprint is going to be about 4 times, or more, than that of your trans as I don't expect the seller to spend the time or money to get it crated in a vertical position. I knew it wouldn't be cheap and thankfully the seller is being very patient with me waiting to try and score a deal. Just hate to spend as much in freight as I did for the item!

Yeah, I suspect my footprint is going to be about 4 times, or more, than that of your trans as I don't expect the seller to spend the time or money to get it crated in a vertical position. I knew it wouldn't be cheap and thankfully the seller is being very patient with me waiting to try and score a deal. Just hate to spend as much in freight as I did for the item!

1651275421926.jpeg

where in NC?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom