FJ25 Pickup (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I saw a picture of a fj28 pickup in Venezuela. Never seen one in person.

The only "real" ones I've seen pics of have been the Australian ones. I can post pics later, but they have flatbeds.

And Marv's: BJ Pickup

001.jpg

the Aussie 25s were all either a 25 with the bed hacked off or just the cab chasis(with a local bed or tray)

Cruiser_Nerd said:
The only "real" ones I've seen pics of have been the Australian ones. I can post pics later, but they have flatbeds.

And Marv's: BJ Pickup

001.jpg

Yep, I think we determined all the Aussie 25's were shipped as cowl and chassis and the tubs were made there. I think the pickups did have some extra wheelbase....as in FJ28....have to look it up though. ;)

Don't be confused....I'm convinced that the artists and illustrators made up half this stuff. I don't trust anything unless it's an actual photograph. ;) If you look at the next page of the brochure it says the FJ28 is a 96" w.b. which I think is true. That illustration is definately a 90" w.b. and labeled FJ28, but then a few pages before this 96" (or longer) w.b. truck with no model number is pictured. :confused: Of course then there's the FJ21, 24, 27.............
asapickup.jpg

Here's one of the Aussie ones. Nick, are you taking notes here??
ausFJ28.JPG

Does this count:
1964+fj45+front+(10-2000).jpg

If Land Cruiser Junky's counts as a 25..... ;)
I'll do that someday with one of my spare bibs. Actually what I would like to see is a soft top SWB....done with the soft top tub...... :idea:

Cruiser_Nerd said:
Here's one of the Aussie ones. Nick, are you taking notes here??
Who? Me? Only if the '66 FJ45 LWB in the drive next to the '60 FJ25 soft top tub counts. Picking up an EFI/HEI'd F motor in NJ after CMCC for the project. Got 34x9.5 Swampers on the 45 already. Just picked up a new pack of saw blades at Lowes and refilled the bottle for the MIG. Parted a '77 FJ40 for some disk brakes, 4-sp and a chunk of firewall for the brake booster. Got the 25 bib and aprons in the garage. A couple 40 frames out back for the stretch. Yep, just about got all the parts together to build a phantom extended cab 25 soft top, long box pickup with an OEM PTO winch. :)

Did I take good notes Cruiser_Nerd? Got any suggestions for tail lights?

Nick Jennings

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom