FJ special edition (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
2007MY FJ Cruiser TRD Special Edition*:
Toyota is excited to announce a new addition to the FJ Cruiser stable. Beginning
on November 1st, Toyota will be releasing to dealers the much anticipated arrival
of the TRD Special Edition. Pricing also will be announced to the public on
September 29, 2006.
The FJ Cruiser is quickly becoming a classic amongst enthusiasts and this
Special Edition has collectible potential. Production for this Special Edition is
limited to October 2006 - January 2007, and only 3,200 will be built.
This vehicle enhances FJ Cruiser's off-road capabilities with the following exciting
content:
• All Black paint scheme, featuring a Black roof
• All items in the CQ Convenience Package
• Leather steering wheel
• Color keyed interior door trim
• "TRD Special Edition" special badging
• Synchronized locking rear differential (standard base equipment on M/T) and
A-TRAC
• Multi-informational display: compass, inclinometer, temperature gauge
• 2-1 audio 6-disc changer (no subwoofer)
• Side curtain airbag
• TRD 16" alloy and BFG All-Terrain tires with locks "Gun Metal Gray Painted
Finish" (Set of 5)
• TRD/Bilstein off-road tuned, red paint shock absorbers
• TRD Performance exhaust
• Rock Rails (Current black finish)
• Quickshifter (M/T models only)
• All-weather floor mats with TRD logo (Front/Rear and Cargo Set)
The pricing for this Special Edition (SE) package is:
• $7,265 on manual transmission
• $7,250 on automatic transmission
*only applicable to 4x4 models.

no supercharger?

no chrome 22's?

no undercarriage neon??

:rolleyes:

:grinpimp:

Not a bad list

But I already have most of that stuff in my "C" package and I have added my own mods. The beauty of doing my own mods is the FJ becomes an extension of "ME" not what someone else thinks is cool. I choose to be an individual and my FJ reflects that. So now draw a box around ordinary and live outside it!

7200 for a black roof, and a "cool" decal????
seems kinda high.

really, most of that stuff is standard on one or more models now, isnt it?

Looks like they are throwing in the catback exhaust and upgraded suspension as the major costs.

Personally, I don't like black cars...

Ya, the only real difference is the black roof, and stickers. Must be some really expensive stickers.....:flipoff2:
Oh, and the red painted shocks must add a few thou, as well.

All black is too easy. What about all the great color schemes from the past. Tan and White, Green and White, Red and White. The White roof is so retro and I really "get it".

I've already got most of this stuff anyway.

I applaud Toyota for trying, but I'll pass on this one.

kinda like chevy with the Z-71. I bought an Avalanche 4X4 (forgive me, I;ve come back to the fold) for like $25K and built it in to a Z-71, that would have cost me closer to $35K, for about a thousand bucks.

I couldn't wait to get those TRD decals off my Tacoma,.... would have hated it even more so on my FJC!

glad i got my base model ! and lovin it.

Ok, so the main differences are the tires, shocks, exhaust and black roof. Hmmm...as much as I wanted those tires, I don't think adding those and the shocks will cost as much. Plus, I like my white roof.

What is the source of this information? It's Sept 30th now, but there is nothing on the Toyota Website about this special edition.

Bob even has one on order.
http://yotatech.com/showthread.php?t=95962

Bob is the reason I own an FJ.
I was looking at new Tacomas to replace my tired 4Runner when I started to pay attention to his threads about the FJ over there.

He then ordered one, then I started to investigate into them further and knew right away I would need to have one for a new rig.

7200 for a black roof, and a "cool" decal????
seems kinda high.

That's not really the case, it has the CQ package along with a lot of options from package 1 or 2, etc. There was a comparison on a thread on yotatech, you will save several hundred dollars vs. what it would cost to buy packages and options to match, plus you get the all black color, and a couple other things. If it has the stuff you want, it would be a good value.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom