FJ GM Alternator (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am about to install one of these on my stock Sept. 1974 built FJ 40 with an F engine. Can you recommend a GM alternator that does not require any special adaptors and would fit directly onto the hardware already available. I am aware (from previous posts) the wiring may be different due to the higher amperage.

Thanks

Welcome.

I am not aware of a GM alt that is a 'bolt in' deal, other than possibly a mean green...

If your alt is in the stock location for an F engine(lower drivers side of engine) the bracket requires you to have an alt with two ears. Some alt shops can take the guts of a GM alt and put them into a "toyota" housing, it is acctually a conversion housing that is made for this. Have installed a few and they seem to work well.

You would do best to stop into a place and show them what you want to do, as talking about it on the phone can get confusing to some.

Good luck!

-Steve

Thanks

Can you recommend a resonable GM alternator <100Amps and an aftermarket adaptor that will fit in my Cruiser? I am trying to do it stock as possible but would prefer the extra power for the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom