FJ Cruiser prototype - for real? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was leafing through one of those "sneak peak" at next year's cars type of magazine tonight and found a listing for the FJ Cruiser as a Toyota '05 model. It said it is based on the Tundra and will have the 6cyl although the 8 may be available also. The magazine also claimed the appearance is to remain "close" to the showtruck. Has anybody heard anything else about this? I was hoping for a deisel or a hybrid but I'd be happy if they just built it period.

I know what you mean - I hope it's at least half the cost of the current cruiser .

That image has been around for awhile. It's also on Toyota's site.

i wonder if it will be sold in the third world or if it is just penciled in as a north american competitor with the element and xterra.

MoJ said:
That image has been around for awhile. It's also on Toyota's site.

I posted that pic for general info. It is not the image that was in the magazine. The magazine didn't have a photo.

built in Mexico............nuff said :eek:

There's been similar talk about the 05 Supra.
I'll believe both when I see them on the showroom floor at Bell Rd. Toyota.
(Well, the talk now is the Supra will be badged as an '06 Lexus.)

there will be new GS and IS models coming out in 2006 for Lexus, haven't heard any talk about them being related to a Supra...

the 06 or 07 L/C and LX 470 will have an upgraded engine, however, more torque and hp suppossedly. you'll see the upgrade in the GX 470 first.

i heard that they're givin it a removable hardtop....

oh wait

malphrus

72cruiser said:
i heard that they're givin it a removable hardtop....

oh wait

malphrus

What? The Lexus? :D

way too much bling and plastic for me...i rather drive a new taco than that...

is it me? or does tupperwear have some kind of hand in car making now-a-days????

wait i think it might be jewish.. did ya check the lil hat out????

nice avatar lowtide (or is that just a cropped old one...)

i was talking bout the fjcruiser thing. and how THERE ISN'T A FRICKIN REMOVABLE HARDTOP, yet it's supposed to compete in the market with the wrangler...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom