Builds FJ 75 rebuild (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If you had a picture of the inside, looking up into that corner, that would be great. It's above the fuse box (of course) and to the right and above the wire harness run up in the corner. I think the hole starts at the horizontal surface where water should drain from the vents and continues down the sidewall and a little of the firewall. So, it's a bastard to get into. Guess I'll have to pull all of that dashboard stuff, including the wire harness, to get a welder in there. I wonder if it could be done from the interior and not have to pull the fender? That's why more info is good. Thanks![/QUO
If you had a picture of the inside, looking up into that corner, that would be great. It's above the fuse box (of course) and to the right and above the wire harness run up in the corner. I think the hole starts at the horizontal surface where water should drain from the vents and continues down the sidewall and a little of the firewall. So, it's a bastard to get into. Guess I'll have to pull all of that dashboard stuff, including the wire harness, to get a welder in there. I wonder if it could be done from the interior and not have to pull the fender? That's why more info is good. Thanks!

this may not help, but i do have a donor cruiser in my yard with most of the interior out of it, i will get you a better pic tomorrow,it will be around lunch time as i come home for lunch from work:)
547.JPG

RhinoRig i have taken some photo's,its been a flat out day for me...i'll post them after i finish work,around 730pm
cheers corey

Hey, what paint code is the tan dash you used? Convertible truck, very cool!

Hey, what paint code is the tan dash you used? Convertible truck, very cool!
thank you cruiserpilot, I will have to look at the tin if I can find it, I went into my local paint shop and colour matched it to the dash,then I asked for reducer so it wasn't to glossy...if i find the tin I'll see if there's a name or code on it...i'm at work ATM:)

looking good, great build, thanks for taking the time to upload all those pics, looks like you are on the home stretch :)

looking good, great build, thanks for taking the time to upload all those pics, looks like you are on the home stretch :)

your welcome, definitely on the home straight, motor and box to hopefully go in next week,i'm taking the front end of again to place the spaces between the upper and lower guards...the rubbers i have are very thin so the spacers where left out, i now have original rubbers:)

your welcome, definitely on the home straight, motor and box to hopefully go in next week,i'm taking the front end of again to place the spaces between the upper and lower guards...the rubbers i have are very thin so the spacers where left out, i now have original rubbers:)
A mate of mine just lifted the cab on his GQ patrol and had to cut the floor for the 4x4 shifter as it didn't have enough room to engage, he also found the steering column was tight & not returning to center, he had to do a few mods with that as well, i will be interested on seeing how yours goes when you get the motor and box back in with those issues as i was also thinking about lifting my cab.
cheers barnsey

A mate of mine just lifted the cab on his GQ patrol and had to cut the floor for the 4x4 shifter as it didn't have enough room to engage, he also found the steering column was tight & not returning to center, he had to do a few mods with that as well, i will be interested on seeing how yours goes when you get the motor and box back in with those issues as i was also thinking about lifting my cab.
cheers barnsey

i dont have issues with my cab lift, prior to stripping the rig i sourced enough missing parts to get it going and drove it, with no problems..the spacers im talking about are to do with the front guards, between the upper and lower guard theres a rubber,..when i bought the after market rubbers they were to thin and slipped out...i left the spacers out just to mock up assembly...i now have the proper thickness rubbers :)

Last edited:
i don't have issues with my cab lift, prior to stripping the rig i sourced enough missing parts to get it going and drove it, with no problems..the spacers im talking about are to do with the front guards, between the upper and lower guard there's a rubber, also there are spacers in between both upper and lower guard(front guards)...when i bought the after market rubbers they were to thin and slipped out...i left the spacers out just to mock up assembly...i now have the proper thickness rubbers :)

all the work required for the cab lift was done, longer brake and clutch lines, extended steering shaft, gear shifter mods, the only thing i haven't done is the radiator/fan guard mod, but im not to concerned about that one...yet :)

having a donor cruiser has really paid of, wish i would of known earlier (could of saved many hours & $$$$),when doing a project rebuild, landcruiser parts being slightly pricey and in my experience they are very well build(mines pre 1990) im finding many bits I need to complete my rig, for example..i broke an engine mount when i was pulling down my engine...here what donor cruiser did for me:)

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

having a donor cruiser has really paid of, wish i would of known earlier (could of saved many hours & $$$$),when doing a project rebuild, landcruiser parts being slightly pricey and in my experience they are very well build(mines pre 1990) im finding many bits I need to complete my rig, for example..i broke an engine mount when i was pulling down my engine...here what donor cruiser did for me:)
yeah wish i had one :) i found nearly all of the parts i needed on eBay at pretty good prices, in some cases more than half the price of what my local Toyota dealer wanted, i still have a few things to get & am just saving up a bit of coin before i hit ebay again :)
I went to Tasmania a couple of years ago, it was just a spur of the moment trip for 10 days, it was the first time i have been & i loved the place, I would love to go back & spend a month down there some time in the next couple of years, i can't believe i had never been before, you live in an awesome part of the world :)

yeah wish i had one :) i found nearly all of the parts i needed on eBay at pretty good prices, in some cases more than half the price of what my local Toyota dealer wanted, i still have a few things to get & am just saving up a bit of coin before i hit ebay again :)
I went to Tasmania a couple of years ago, it was just a spur of the moment trip for 10 days, it was the first time i have been & i loved the place, I would love to go back & spend a month down there some time in the next couple of years, i can't believe i had never been before, you live in an awesome part of the world :)

only if we could have coin making machines:) my machines taking my coin :p I have all the parts here I need to complete her build, part of the fun for me is refurbishing old parts :)

only if we could have coin making machines:) my machines taking my coin :p I have all the parts here I need to complete her build, part of the fun for me is refurbishing old parts :)
yeah my biggest problem is not having enough room for a donor car & no access to my back yard, i am still toying with the idea of an engine swap but will probably just stick with the 2H for now, I need to get the canopy finished so i can go put a few miles on the truck and sort out any bugs before i get too far ahead of myself, there not hard to chuck money at but once everything is sorted hopefully i can get some long trouble free k's on her :)

Nice work it's good to see another 75 getting restored. :)

thank you ozcruiser, it blows me away every time I see the progress on this bus, in real life it looks awesome, im very fussy with all the work I do, cant wait to get it dirty, im sure it will last another 30yrs:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom