Builds FJ 75 rebuild (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Fish oil rules in my book as well strange how all us motorcycle lovers end up restoring landcruisers. It's tough at the top ;)

they are so workable, I keep adding onto my list of jobs to do, its defiantly addictive, most of these parts are original just been refurbished a lot of elbow grease cleaning paint and time:)

a little bit of progress today, the donor cruiser has grease-able shackles front and rear, so I cleaned them up with kero and swapped them over:)

001.JPG

002.JPG

006.JPG

008.JPG

progress has been slow, the winters here in Tassie are cold and wet, with the occasional sunny day, i picked up a crane and decided to get out and make hay whilst the sun was shining, last job i did was change over the hangers and it rained just about the whole time, today i was more fortunate, so i rigged this up, I wanted to get the motor of the engine stand so I could fit the bell housing and fly wheel.

003.JPG

004.JPG

I kinda got a little side tracked with my new toy and I wanted to compare gearboxes from the two cruisers, I would like to try and rebuild a gearbox, freshen one up...i'll take the best one and give it a birthday..it worked out pretty good, i'll clean this one up it may be the better of the two, no blood was lost:)

030.JPG

031.JPG

032.JPG

035.JPG

Last edited:
Great thread and work on the cruiser. I've never even considered taking the entire dash out to repaint it. I might do that when I rewire mine.
1 question if I may, what is the other car in the shed? Camaro/Firebird, Charger? I can't quite tell but it looks like there are quarter windows so that would rule out the Camaro/Firebird.

Great thread and work on the cruiser. I've never even considered taking the entire dash out to repaint it. I might do that when I rewire mine.
1 question if I may, what is the other car in the shed? Camaro/Firebird, Charger? I can't quite tell but it looks like there are quarter windows so that would rule out the Camaro/Firebird.

thank you StormAU,
the old cab had so much rust in it, i would of been chasing my tail to try and fix of all the rust, my local wreckers had the replacement cab, only had two very minor spots of rust to repair, it may of cost me $400 more to go that way, but im very pleased with the results,

the body is a stripped Charger:)
speaking of Camaros :)

598.JPG

thank you StormAU,
the old cab had so much rust in it, i would of been chasing my tail to try and fix of all the rust, my local wreckers had the replacement cab, only had two very minor spots of rust to repair, it may of cost me $400 more to go that way, but im very pleased with the results,

the body is a stripped Charger:)
speaking of Camaros :)

View attachment 1308696
I love Chargers, I love F bodies too. 2nd Gen are my pick but they are all great machines.

It's a pity no one has done 75 cabs in fibreglass like they have the old 40-47 series. Lightweight and no more rust, hmmm good business opportunity there methinks.

I love Chargers, I love F bodies too. 2nd Gen are my pick but they are all great machines.

It's a pity no one has done 75 cabs in fibreglass like they have the old 40-47 series. Lightweight and no more rust, hmmm good business opportunity there methinks.

I have seen 75 fiberglass cabs in the US of A, they custom too, to your needs, I worked in the fiberglass trade, making water tanks, speed way drivers become good clients too...its posible:)

after a year of not touching this project, I finally bit the bullet and installed the motor and gearbox...im cleaning refurbishing every part that bolts back on, it takes time but the results are so worth it.

fj1.jpg

096.JPG

104.JPG

107.JPG

110.JPG

the oil pump was overhauled with new pressure release valve and spring,installed then the sump was put back on, all the rockers were stripped off there shaft, the shaft and rockers all cleaned,oiled and assembled

116.JPG

117.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom