FJ-60 Windshield (Looking for Aftermarket model numbers) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
We pulled a FJ60 out of the woods after cunning down the trees that had grown up around it for 8 years and amazingly after replacing some hoses, radiator, and few other things that had rotted in the field for 8 years and removing over 20 black snakes the darn thing runs like a champ! Amazing.

Does anyone have some model numbers for aftermarket windshields for a 1985 FJ-60?
I have been trying to work with a local shop and they need some help locating a windshield, I think the owners wife is running the office with a short Covid-19 staff and she is having a hard time.

I found Fuyao FW00425 GBNFYG but she doesn't deal with a distributor that carries them. Are there any others that might be around and available? The major glass sites keep their stock numbers or what is in production locked up like missile launch codes.

Thank you very much.

Tom

We pulled a FJ60 out of the woods after cunning down the trees that had grown up around it for 8 years and amazingly after replacing some hoses, radiator, and few other things that had rotted in the field for 8 years and removing over 20 black snakes the darn thing runs like a champ! Amazing.

Does anyone have some model numbers for aftermarket windshields for a 1985 FJ-60?
I have been trying to work with a local shop and they need some help locating a windshield, I think the owners wife is running the office with a short Covid-19 staff and she is having a hard time.

I found Fuyao FW00425 GBNFYG but she doesn't deal with a distributor that carries them. Are there any others that might be around and available? The major glass sites keep their stock numbers or what is in production locked up like missile launch codes.

Thank you very much.

Tom

I just had my windshield replaced while getting body work done in Tijuana, which is convenient to me here in San Diego. It was an insignificant amount of money and makes the whole "face" light up like new. I will check where it was sourced locally down there.

Happy_Lights.jpg

Yours looks like the Fuyao also. Only one aftermarket with the anti-glare strip.

PPG used to make glass for the FJ60 but not sure if they do now.

1586320576607.png

I just had two installed ,
Yours looks like the Fuyao also. Only one aftermarket with the anti-glare strip.

PPG used to make glass for the FJ60 but not sure if they do now.

View attachment 2264668

We just had two of these installed. I tried to buy a Safelite glass and they said this was their option for the 60 now. So far so good. Clear vision and fit nicely.

J

FW 425 is the NAGS part number for all aftermarket windshields for FJ60/62 series. (North American Glass System)
PGW (formerly PPG), Pilkington (formerly LOF), Safeliite, Guardian, Fuyo, and other aftermarket brands will all use that number.

If the person behind the counter is having trouble locating a windshield for your commonly available part I would not feel confident in the ability of the shop to do a simple install. Find another supplier is my professional advice.

Thank you everyone. We were hoping to make it a farm truck but everything has been so amazingly durable that my mechanic said I think you can get a sticker on this thing! He has done a fantastic job and we are both impressed by Toyota's engineering. I spent a bunch of time on crappy dirt roads in Costa Rica and you see 20 and 30 year old Land Cruisers still chugging along. This is my first one. I think the cracked windshield is the only thing holding us back!!

Thank all you again, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing another manufacturer. This forum has been very helpful.

Hi,Potato Launcher, Could you print those part nos. for the different windshields ? Thanks, Mike

Hi,Potato Launcher, Could you print those part nos. for the different windshields ? Thanks, Mike

All of the windshields manufacturers listed above will be part # FW 425 GT(green tint) or CL(clear)
If you want to use the aftermarket windshield gasket I recommend Precision brand only. Available as WCR F425 or WBL F425. WCR (weatherstrip with chrome) WBL (weatherstrip black).
If you want to do a chrome delete with your existing gasket including both quarter glasses and backglass the lace number is WLS 466. This was used on 1970-mid 80s Chevrolet C-10 trucks, Blazers and Suburbans.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom