Fj 60 frame off restoration just about done—pictures (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I use a plating shop in Santa Clara California, but they are a production shop that do computer parts for the tech industry. They were a little reluctant to take my job on.

Thats what I experienced also

Surprised to see this 60 for sale on BAT (bringatrailer.com).
Bidding is already up to $45,000.
Wishing you good luck with the sale!

An absolutely stunning truck!

Oh, and I've been meaning to ask: In the photo that shows a bunch of hardware and parts organized on a table, did you have all that replated or was it all in good shape and you just cleaned it to perfection? If you had it replated, can you tell us who did it? Often times, replating doesn't come off as it should, but if your has been done, it looks as correct as any I've seen. To me, it looks dead-on per OEM (unless it, in fact, just IS OEM! 😁 )

@dnp. Tip for local cruiser guys in MS. There's a great plating shop just outside of Mobile. I think its in Semmes. Its called Alabama Plating Corporation. I've used several different platers and I've been disappointed on previous projects. Used them for my 60 and was really pleased. These guys do a great job for a good price , and quickly! For chrome, its Graves plating in Florence, AL. Outside of huntsville.

@dnp. Tip for local cruiser guys in MS. There's a great plating shop just outside of Mobile. I think its in Semmes. Its called Alabama Plating Corporation. I've used several different platers and I've been disappointed on previous projects. Used them for my 60 and was really pleased. These guys do a great job for a good price , and quickly! For chrome, its Graves plating in Florence, AL. Outside of huntsville.
Cool. Thanks for the tip. So they do this yellow cad plating like what's in the photo? I had a friend ship some stuff to NM or AZ or NV - somewhere out there - and the stuff he got back was awful! It looked like Big Bird was trying to copy himself!

An absolutely stunning truck!

Oh, and I've been meaning to ask: In the photo that shows a bunch of hardware and parts organized on a table, did you have all that replated or was it all in good shape and you just cleaned it to perfection? If you had it replated, can you tell us who did it? Often times, replating doesn't come off as it should, but if your has been done, it looks as correct as any I've seen. To me, it looks dead-on per OEM (unless it, in fact, just IS OEM! 😁 )

I used a plating shop in San Jose ca. They reluctantly took on my job, and the deal was that I had to wait for the plating—like when they got slow they would throw a guy on it . Well they were hardly ever slow and it took over 6 weeks for them to complete the job . I started to get worried because every nut bolt bracket pipe out of the truck was the shop. They primarily do work for the high tech industry—Big computer components--and didn’t want to even take On my job. Honestly in the end they did a fantastic job.

I used a plating shop in San Jose ca. They reluctantly took on my job, and the deal was that I had to wait for the plating—like when they got slow they would throw a guy on it . Well they were hardly ever slow and it took over 6 weeks for them to complete the job . I started to get worried because every nut bolt bracket pipe out of the truck was the shop. They primarily do work for the high tech industry—Big computer components--and didn’t want to even take On my job. Honestly in the end they did a fantastic job.
Well, from the photo, it looks like it was worth the wait. It looks as convincing as I've ever seen!

@Alex1118 –I didn’t forget about you . I had to run by my upholstry guy to get the details on the chilewich fabric . Here you go—domes in multiple colors—I almost went with the blue, but very happy I went with the black and grey.

321B3619-5681-4475-AF43-04C22C010C6B.jpeg

E157CA62-3463-47AE-8B2D-438CEB0800C3.jpeg

B7C99B9C-F91B-435B-8648-259B1903CAF0.jpeg

@Alex1118 –I didn’t forget about you . I had to run by my upholstry guy to get the details on the chilewich fabric . Here you go—domes in multiple colors—I almost went with the blue, but very happy I went with the black and grey.

View attachment 2442609

View attachment 2442610

View attachment 2442611

I have the contact info for the person that handles the automotive department for Chilewich. I'm using it throughout the interior of my build - will post pictures after she gets out of the body shop and the interior work begins. I'll post up the Chilewich contact info shortly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom