FJ 40 on CUCV with a 2UZ (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Picked up a new project, the FJ 40 from Hardline Crawlers forum:
FJ40 Land Cruiser (Tons/Linked/v8 etc) PLUS LOTS OF PARTS
Its a 73 frame with a aluminum tub, and cut front fenders. CUCV dana 60 front with 4.56 gears, Detroit locker, rear is a 14 Bolt 4.56 gears, gov't locker. Rear has been four linked with some stock TJ springs, Rusty's offroad joints and have the brackets and joints to link the front. Chevy TBI V-8 engine swap, that is for sale.
This will be a slow build, but the plans are to remove the Chevy motor, install the 2UZ from the wrecked Tundra, Inchworm prerunner adapter for the 2wd trans to mini truck T-case, and some properly sized tires to get it road worthy. Sliders, tube fenders, roll cage, and then four link the front with some ORI struts to get it trail worthy.
http://s556.photobucket.com/albums/ss2/John350Z71/FJ 40/
DSCF0130.jpg
DSCF0134.jpg
DSCF0145.jpg

DSCF0130.jpg

DSCF0134.jpg

DSCF0145.jpg

Last edited:
The top did fit before it blew off on the interstate, luckly my brother and a motorcyclist helped me put it back on.
1331819983973.jpg

1331819983973.jpg

a nice team upfront a triangle sign on the rear bet a Menonite will want it & pay top $:grinpimp:

seriously John looks good too bad bout then tornades on the interstate:mad:

:hmm:sure the glass went south do we still have some on the club 40 ?

Very cool :cheers: congrats bud. Its going to be a sweet project and I'm very interested to see how the 2UZ/Inchworm setup goes in I was leaning that way for mine as well. Sorry to hear about the top, the parts cruiser top was sold to Ryan but I'm sure we'll come across something for you :)

Not by choice, but I have nothing to update. Both new trucks were pulled off the trailer and sit where they stopped.

Last edited:
Not by choice, but I have nothing to update. Both new trucks were pulled off the trailer and set where they stopped.

lawn ornaments aka means less grass to cut this year:flipoff2:

bet ya I have more than U:)

ornaments that is:D

cool project! good bones. I go back and forth between a 2uz and a 5.3 or 6.0 chevy. wiring scares me on the 2uz thats why i think i would lean towards a chevy. could be cheaper as well.

Scored some H2 wheels, 17 x 8.5 to make do until I need some beadlocks. May get some tires to mount on for some roll arounds until I get some larger MT's.
120508_0000.jpg

120508_0003.jpg

120508_0001.jpg

cool project! good bones. I go back and forth between a 2uz and a 5.3 or 6.0 chevy. wiring scares me on the 2uz thats why i think i would lean towards a chevy. could be cheaper as well.

go 6.2 or 6.5 even less wiring:D

Scored some H2 wheels, 17 x 8.5 to make do until I need some beadlocks. May get some tires to mount on for some roll arounds until I get some larger MT's.

like em better without the center cap:cheers:

Check out that bling, agree I like'em better without the center caps too :)

The polished turd style.

Man I've heard of people running with just a couple inches of rubber. But Jeese there sent any on these. :)

Thanks Cody Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD

Man I've heard of people running with just a couple inches of rubber. But Jeese there sent any on these. :)

Thanks Cody Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD

Going to add some metal paddles to them like a crawfish boat.

Those rims bring the bling for sure! No mods to the rims make them fit the axles ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom