FJ 40 on CUCV with a 2UZ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

glad to C someone getting something done!

John Stw said:
Have to work for SCC, but should have it close to working by then.

If you have it done. I'll trailer it and test it out for you. ;)

Thanks Cody Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD

what U not bringing Ele?

Looking good :) and making good progress.

Polished up the trans and t-case some today.
P1030857.jpg

P1030858.jpg

FJ 40 pictures by John350Z71 - Photobucket

Looks like a brand new trans and transfer case :)
Looking great John.

Thats pretty smart little adapter for the output of a 2wd transmission to mate to a transfer case.
How many miles were on the tundra running gear? I got about 30K til i need to do my timing belt.

Looks like a diamond, all you need now is to put it in the black box!!!:D

Damn John. That's purdy......and loooooonnnnnnggggggg!

Thats what she said. :lol:

Drivetrain = around 70" long
Motor w/out fan= 25"
Trans w/ adapter= 30.5"
Tcase w/ disco= 14.5"
Looks like the twin sticks will fall right near the front mounts for the seats just like a mini truck. The rear dico shifter may need to moved, or fabbed for easier shifting.

Thats what she said. :lol:

Drivetrain = around 70" long
Motor w/out fan= 25"
Trans w/ adapter= 30.5"
Tcase w/ disco= 14.5"
Looks like the twin sticks will fall right near the front mounts for the seats just like a mini truck. The rear dico shifter may need to moved, or fabbed for easier shifting.

Looks long but I guess in comparison the 2UZ is probably quite a bit shorter than a 2F so I guess in the end its give a little and take a little hopefully its going to yield a decent drive-shaft length for you :) Nice to see someone is making some progress on their projects :) :cheers:

Man saw this thing in person today and WOW. Guess I'm to use to looking at mini truck axles and 35" LOL The axles ,links, and brackets have great beef to them. There will be alot of man hours in John's build and after seeing his 4Runner and min truck I cant wait to ride with this project on the trails.

This is going to be badass! Cant wait to see it at the crawl THIS year! ; )

I always thought the 4.5 inline 6 out of an 80 would be badass in a 40, but then i found out how heavy the 80 motor /tranny/ tcase is...

4.7 or other V8 is the much better option.

Love thats its a yota drivetrain going in!

Drop the motor into the frame rails today to get an idea for some motor mounts.
P1030873.jpg

P1030875.jpg

PS pulley is to close to the shock mounts, may swap to some shock hoops.
P1030878.jpg

Man saw this thing in person today and WOW. Guess I'm to use to looking at mini truck axles and 35" LOL The axles ,links, and brackets have great beef to them. There will be alot of man hours in John's build and after seeing his 4Runner and min truck I cant wait to ride with this project on the trails.

This is going to be badass! Cant wait to see it at the crawl THIS year! ; )
Love thats its a yota drivetrain going in!

Thanks, gents not rushing getting this one on the trails just trying to build right.

Drop the motor into the frame rails today to get an idea for some motor mounts.
P1030873.jpg

P1030875.jpg

PS pulley is to close to the shock mounts, may swap to some shock hoops.
P1030878.jpg

Looking great John :cheers:, some new shock hoops seem like the way to go and looks like you have plenty range in those shocks to extend them. What are your plans for the cooling are you gonna run an electric fan setup? Looks a bit crowded to fit the original fan/fan clutch setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom