Fixed my faded hood (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
3 can of rustolium satin and it's good as new.
I was actually looking at getting it done proffesionally or have a decal made but said what the he!! and did it.

hoodpaint008.jpg

hoodpaint007.jpg

hoodpaint009.jpg

x3. i did the same to my oxidized hood a while ago (same paint), and within a couple of months the oxidation crept out to the sides and the whole hood looked horrible, and then I went the liner route :D. Hopefully yours will last.

3 can of rustolium satin and it's good as new.
I was actually looking at getting it done proffesionally or have a decal made but said what the he!! and did it.

hoodpaint008.jpg

hoodpaint007.jpg

hoodpaint009.jpg

Any details, or photos in better light, and from above the hood?

Will do when I get a chance.
x3. i did the same to my oxidized hood a while ago (same paint), and within a couple of months the oxidation crept out to the sides and the whole hood looked horrible, and then I went the liner route :D. Hopefully yours will last.
Thanks for the heads up.
Mine was not very oxidized to begin with so well see what happens and go from there.
Worst case. I take it to one day paint or some place simular to get him fixed up.

Top veiw.
Followed the hump to flat interface as a tape line.

framemountfj009.jpg

Nice job, what kind of bumper is that?

Looks good. I have often thought about this but didn't know if it should be extended to the back of the LC as well. Have you done anything with the tailgate?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom