Fiskars Axe's (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've got two Fiskar axes and one maul. The price is good and the axes are better.

I cut two huge brush piles this past fall and I haven't had to sharpen them yet. They really are like a hot knife thru butter.

got a Fiskar camp hatchet. Man that thing is sharp. I'm afraid to even try to sharpen it, I don't think I could do better. I like the polymer handle too.

I have the 14" hatchet and its a great axe. I dont chop wood for heating, but it does what I ask when hunting and camping.

I wouldn't mind picking up the hatchet and maul.

Jepp SWEDE axes bites .. but fiskars is a bit to plastick for my taste
and yes i have one for spliting wood..
here is a sugestion on one realy god blacksmith who make axes in nordsmen style "viking" 900-1100 ad Välkommna till Smedja Hammarede

Jepp SWEDE axes bites .. but fiskars is a bit to plastick for my taste
and yes i have one for spliting wood..
here is a sugestion on one realy god blacksmith who make axes in nordsmen style "viking" 900-1100 ad Välkommna till Smedja Hammarede

Those are some neat instruments there Gaul. I have cousins somewhere in Orebro over there. My mom communicates with them and was over there to visit several years ago.

A Hatchet and an Axe are two completely different tools used for two completely different intended purposes. They can be used in a cross over type application such as using an Axe to split kindling but a hatchet should never be used to pound wedges when dropping a tree, etc.

I have the 14" hatchet and its a great axe.

I like my Fiskars axe. It's light and quick, easy to handle...my wife likes to chop campfire wood with it! It does nick a bit on the blade but a few swipes with a file and it's edge is fine again.

I want a Fiskars splitting axe, but I can't find them anywhere up here. :crybaby: I've looked at every local hardware store and the big box stores, too. Guess I'll have to settle for online.......

I really like the splitting axe. Best thing i've used in the $50 and under price range. The balance on it allows for an accurate powerbomb split and the shock doesn't transfer into your joints like other wooden handle axes i've used.
I'm hoping that i'll find a larger chopping axe made by fiskars. The regular chopping axe is small and light enough to take on long hikes w/o it becoming cumbersome and too heavy though.

sure their nice but there bloody pricey. I think i will just stick to the traditional wood for the time being.

Fiskars reply about pounding with their axe.

SUBJECT: Axe usage

COMMENTS: Can you use the axe for driving wedges when falling trees? And can you pound on the back side of the splitting axe to drive it through rounds when splitting if need be?
Thanks,
Brittain

Hi Brittain:

Thanks for your inquiry.

Definitely not. Our axes are not designed to be used in that manner. Pounding on the back side may cause the axe head to split, which is not covered under warranty.

Sincerely,

Brian Elmore
Customer Service/Warranty
Fiskars Americas
2537 Daniels St., Madison, WI
Tel. 608-294-4589,

Just a little FYI for you guys.

hmm...they're prob just covering their butts.
I did notice that the back of the head deforms very easily compared to other axes though. I use an oak spacer or wooden mallet now.

Good to know. :cheers:

Chad,

I think I saw these at Black Sheep a couple years back when I was looking at axes. The Fiskars, I mean.

DougM

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom