First "Real" Impression (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Having had my 80 for a whole seven days, I took it out for something besides the Phoenix asphalt jungle.

I loved it. :D

First time out
IMG_1218.jpg

Roxy along for the ride.
IMG_1223.jpg

Roxy at the Trailhead
IMG_1224.jpg

A little warmup
IMG_1238.jpg

No sweat...yeah, I cheated and skirted some of the sketchier stuff but I'm new at this.
IMG_1256.jpg

IMG_1265.jpg

IMG_1259.jpg

IMG_1261.jpg

Averaged just over 15mpg for 210 miles on the trip meter with 46 of those miles being on the trail in 4x4.

Wow nice rig! Love the mods and color

Nice 80. Where were those pictures taken? I'm jealous of that rear bumper/tire carrier. Rock sliders next?

Do you run wheel spacers if so what width? Thanks, Nice rig!

Thanks for the compliments. I picked up the 80 from MTHarston as-is so I can't really take much credit for the add-ons but I'm loving it anyway.

I'll be doing some PM (birfs and brakes, PHH, etc) prior to any serious add-ons on my part. I'm just now getting into this so I don't see a real need for sliders...yet. Any recommendations for a serious horn? The Hella horns on it now are embarassing.

It's a road headed out to Crown King...about 60 miles north of Phoenix. Trails were actually few and far between and the washboard roads were killer. I had fun anyway.

I was told they are 1.5" spacers but I found a post from the PO and it said 2" so I'm not sure which one it is.

I love those sequoia/tundra wheels on 80s!

Lookin' good

I love those sequoia/tundra wheels on 80s!

Lookin' good

Thanks! I'm thinking of powdercoating them a matte black at the next tire change but they look good in silver.

As I am new at this whole scene, what is the expected behavior of the LC when going down steep terrain? I expected the gearing to keep it to a crawl in 4lo but I had to ride the brakes the whole way down. Of course, i have 315s on stock gearing and I suspect that's making a difference...but I don't know for sure.

Except for it being too clean, very nice truck. Rude question - answer if you want, but I am curious what that set you back?

Jack NIchols, 1993 LC, 200,000 + miles

Except for it being too clean, very nice truck. Rude question - answer if you want, but I am curious what that set you back?

Jack NIchols, 1993 LC, 200,000 + miles

No worries. I paid $11.5k plus I had to have it shipped. I considered it a break even or a slightly better deal. Local 80s were selling for 7.5-8k with nothing on them and 60k more miles.

Great looking truck - nice that you have such a well built / taken care of starting point to the addition. Love the wheels too!

Love the black, and Roxy as well.

Did you try the steeper ascent? I did it earlier that day, and came down the way you went up. 4Lo, lockers off. I'm brand new to the 4x4 scene as well, so I can't offer much advice, but I used brakes sparingly on the descent as 4Lo did the work.

I love that rear bumper.

no, I didn't do the steeper ascent. Yeah, I had to ride the brakes a lot even in 4lo. I'd imagine it's the stock gearing with the 315s...that's my uneducated guesstimate anyway. anyone care to confirm?

I see no one has answered your horn question. I put the air horns on it that use a little "instant on" compressor. I use it sparingly, and have used a relay to tie it into the alarm, and it does just what I want. I have saved several dogs that were not paying attention, and one deer. Scared the heck out of both of us.

1993 LC, 'way too stock.

no, I didn't do the steeper ascent. Yeah, I had to ride the brakes a lot even in 4lo. I'd imagine it's the stock gearing with the 315s...that's my uneducated guesstimate anyway. anyone care to confirm?

Yeah your gearing is off and you will ride the brakes a lot more.
Once I changed to 4.88s, it made a big difference in 4lo.

congrats, the truck looks great!

What kind of tires and size? I have the same wheels and love them!!! I suggest get the Bosch horns...I bought my horn from the Philippines...AND IT'S FREAKIN LOUD!!! I've never seen the same horn here in the US. I'll try to take a picture to give you an idea what it looks like...Great lookin' rig!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom