First problem: squeak in dash (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So, first problem has surfaced itself. Drivers front dash speaker (right at the base of the a-pillar) squeaks with temperature changes. Holding the speaker cover will stop the squeak. Tried to gentle remove with some plastic trim tools, but no luck.

Dealer service in a month or so, will get them to fiddle with it and let y'all know. Otherwise still love my LX600 base.

So, first problem has surfaced itself. Drivers front dash speaker (right at the base of the a-pillar) squeaks with temperature changes. Holding the speaker cover will stop the squeak. Tried to gentle remove with some plastic trim tools, but no luck.

Dealer service in a month or so, will get them to fiddle with it and let y'all know. Otherwise still love my LX600 base.
Same issue here on mine.

My closest dealer is 8 hrs away….please let me know how they resolve it.

This sounds very similar to a common issue with current gen Tacoma’s. I experienced similar noise during cold temps at A pillar speaker, but on passenger side in a 2017 Tacoma I owned for about a year, very frustrating.

This sounds very similar to a common issue with current gen Tacoma’s. I experienced similar noise during cold temps at A pillar speaker, but on passenger side in a 2017 Tacoma I owned for about a year, very frustrating.
Beat me to it.
My 17' Tacoma had this same issue.

Squeeked when it got a little cold out. Annoying.

1) 2020 Tacoma: lift it, mud terrains, roof rack, tools. Problem solved, little creaks and noises are no longer audible. 😂

2) place a credit card or other similar sized object on the medial (closer to the middle) side of that little speaker, stops the noise. Going to shove a little plastic or rubber piece in there temporarily until I get to the dealership.

Dealer was too busy to mess with squeaks for my scheduled maintenance. Added a little piece of rubber (actually added two, see photo for one) to the drivers front speaker. Squeak gone.

First adopter problems.
4AE73109-956C-4B47-A7EB-2F59695815FC.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom