First post, second FJ40! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,
I would like to introduce myself, My name is Bob from Phoenix AZ. I have been lurking these forums for a long time, but haven't posted.

I have been a FJ40 fanatic since I was 15, and have owned a 74 v8 Fj40 a few years back.

Well, the urge has set in AGAIN, and the time has come to pull the trigger on another beloved FJ40! :)

I was wondering if I could get some opinions from the experts on this one. I have a deposit on her, and am hoping to get her within a week or so.

It's a 78, for the most part unmolested. I am sure there are some issues hiding under the re-paint it has had, but it runs and drives great, and I think a solid start to a good project...
fj9.jpg
fj8.jpg

a few more pics

I guess my new status wont let me post more pics...

Nice looking rig. What are your goals? Daily driver? Weekend runner? Rock crawler? What work will you have to do to it?

Thanks....

Probably a road-worthy, light trail rig. I would like to run 35's on it eventually. DEFINITELY power steering too! :)

Welcome to the sickness;

I would buy that nice rig right now.

Thanks! Iam excited about it! :)
i was told it has spent MOST of it's time in AZ.

Opinions are worth more if we know how much you are paying. If that truck is $2000, snatch it up. If it is $10,000, you better get a kiss with it.

If you are getting another FJ40 and are going to be searching this site, then you ought to go ahead and buy a star. I think it costs about $20 for a year and you get the ability to do a lot of things. Plus it helps Woody keep this forum running smooth. You can post all the pictures you want after that.

BTW, welcome :flipoff2:!

Copenhagen1

I don't have a problem with supporting this site.. There is TONS of info here that will help me.
I would rather not disclose exactly what I am paying because the transaction isnot done yet, but i will say it's MUCH closer to your lower number than the higher one. :)

Well it certainly looks good. The appearance of that body makes me jealous. I hope you can close the deal. BTW, the rear anti-inversion shackles are on backwards.

I looked again and see that it has a shackle reversal on the front. The front anti-inversion shackles are on backwards as well.

Welcome fellow Zonie! :beer: I would be more than happy to help you however I can. I have been buying old rigs for a long time and have gotten pretty good at finding things "wrong".... and good ;). If you want my help, PM me and we could hook up. Good luck with that FJ! CJ

How does it drive? Put a magnet to it see how much bondo is there.Under 3000 buy it. Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom