First generation Tundra (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have been going back and forth between a sub 100k mile GX470 and a Sequoia. Both are capable enough for what I need them to do (camping, greens and blues at the park) and haul my family (wife, daughter, and dog) around. But, I cannot get past the ever more frequent need for a bed. I am not a fan of the second gen and how they look but love the first gen. The extended cab would have been perfect apart from the fact that the back seat is kind of joke so I am now looking at the dual cabs. 100K total mileage can be had for ~$15k.

- Plenty of life left?
- I will do a thorough check out on it so what are the known weak points that I should be looking for?
- I will be shopping for ones with a service history, so I will be shopping for timing belts being done. Will the water pump have been done at the same time?

Just bought a 4x4 '05 with 81K miles... Extra cab... The double cab is a monster. Spoke with someone while at the dealership who was using his as his work truck.. 302K miles. Couldnt even tell that the engine was running.. It was a 4.7L Another excellent beautiful motor by Toyota. Non interference engine so dont worry about the timing belt. Only weak point is like every other Toyota back east... RUST.

Buy with confidence. The double cab interior is almost identical to the sequoia. 05+ has the vvti engine.

I thought that the 4.7 was a timing belt motor?

I know that the double cab is big but it feels smaller than my brother in law's ~2011 double cab which gives a limo a run for its money for space. I have become realistic with what wheeling I will actually do and with a small lift and 34s, I would be perfectly happy.

It is a timing belt motor. Yes, it is smaller than a second gen, still plenty of room. Lifted with 34s is a sweet look on a dc tundra!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom