First ever post !! Abs pump and accumulator bleeding. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everyone,

been a member a while now, I apologize for taking so long to enter into the spirit of things. I have a problem with the abs on my 100 series. I had to renew the pump and accumalator, unfortunately I have tried everything to bleed the unit with no success. This afternoon, having tried a technique for bleeding without a scanner I found that the pressure on the red booster line was low and barely dribbled instead of being pressurized. If anyone has any suggestions at all they would be gratefully received !!

I think the brake issue on LC-100's is covered on other threads. I've experienced total brake failure several times on my 98 LC which I recovered from by pumping furiously. I changed the pump and rebuilt the MC, but it turned out to be the accumulator. Try changing that. If it won't hold pressure you're ****ed.

Techstream works wonders for bleeding these units.

Bleeding the accumulator? If the N2 charge is gone, bleeding won't help it come back.
PO said accumulator is new. I'm referencing bleeding the entire ABS/booster assembly.

I think the brake issue on LC-100's is covered on other threads. I've experienced total brake failure several times on my 98 LC which I recovered from by pumping furiously. I changed the pump and rebuilt the MC, but it turned out to be the accumulator. Try changing that. If it won't hold pressure you're f***ed.
I have purchased and fitted a brand new pump and accumulator and am finding it impossible to bleed. I have used Techstream and it fails without trying. I recently found on youtube a way of bleeding the unit manually, and found very little pressure on the red line.

I think the brake issue on LC-100's is covered on other threads. I've experienced total brake failure several times on my 98 LC which I recovered from by pumping furiously. I changed the pump and rebuilt the MC, but it turned out to be the accumulator. Try changing that. If it won't hold pressure you're f***ed.
Thanks for that, accumulator and pump are brand new

I have purchased and fitted a brand new pump and accumulator and am finding it impossible to bleed. I have used Techstream and it fails without trying. I recently found on youtube a way of bleeding the unit manually, and found very little pressure on the red line.
OK ... so Techstream fails to connect to the ABS system, or fails when you attempt the procedure to bleed/prime/etc?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom