Finally Pulled the Trigger (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Spike Strip

Goblin Mode Activated
SILVER Star
Threads
Longo Toyota

2023 TRD OR, Ice Cap w/ LED Headlight upgrade and that's it. Didn't even have floor mats, but no worries as I immediately bought Husky liners.

Happy as a clam at high-tide.

I put my key FOBs in a Faraday box when home.

The box works (I tested it), so maybe will keep some of the little darlings at bay.

Received my Miller CAT protector - now just trying to find the time (and when it's not so bloody cold, for Kalifornia) to install.

Overall, very impressed with the truck. Still trying to figure out all the buttons and their drill down functions on the info screens. Also need to install the sill protectors, LED bed lighting, bed cargo mat.

Ordered some Carhartt 'Gravel' seat-saver covers to protect seats from my flame-thrower farts.

IMG_20230302_092519221_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230302_092451845_HDR.jpg

@Spike Strip Gorgeous truck, congrats !
My son wants to order a TRD pro manual 2023. The word is there will be no more manuals for 2024. Was wondering if you placed an order for yours and how long did it take for the whole process ? Afraid he might loose the chance if order too late this year ?

It's a good generation, but the 4th gen will be coming soon(unless (Cov19) delayed it by a year on two.

@Spike Strip Gorgeous truck, congrats !
My son wants to order a TRD pro manual 2023. The word is there will be no more manuals for 2024. Was wondering if you placed an order for yours and how long did it take for the whole process ? Afraid he might loose the chance if order too late this year ?

Don't know if manny tranny is going away, I'd be really surprised if it were, but who knows. I seriously considered one, but want my wife to be able to drive the truck, if necessary, and I don't have the stomach for trying to teach her how to drive a manual on my new truck... Subaru announced they were dropping manual trans in N. America for 2024 so, for what that is worth ...

You can't really order a Tacoma, you have to work with the dealer to see their future allocations, and pick one that matches or is close to what you want and reserve it with a deposit. I found what I wanted on the lot and was done in a couple hours. As stated, I purchased from Longo Toyota in El Monte and they can even let you purchase from home with a virtual tour of it. They had a huge inventory of Tacomas. Salesman was Andrew Luu. I was able to get $500 under MSRP. You can also go through their digital sales team.

What I've been reading is the 2024 Taco will have a smaller 4 cyl turbo engine, which is already being used in a few different Toyota SUVs, but that hasn't been confirmed. I didn't want that, as a V6 has a higher towing capacity over a smaller turbo pumper. Plus, ToyotaMatt, who used to be a Toyota tech, told me never to buy the new model year trucks and always try for the last model year as the bugs have been mostly worked out.

I didn't go with the Pro as you pay a lot more money for middling Off-Road capability. Plus, I don't like the non-functional hood scoop.

I've since been able to buy the various add-on accessories for less than half what the factory or dealer installed cost would have been. The TRD OR 4wd is really the sweet spot for function/value/cost if you can find one without the dealer padding.

Next up is some Carhartt seat saver covers and down the line after warranty is out, a mild lift and larger tires.

Good luck!

Don't know if manny tranny is going away, I'd be really surprised if it were, but who knows. I seriously considered one, but want my wife to be able to drive the truck, if necessary, and I don't have the stomach for trying to teach her how to drive a manual on my new truck... Subaru announced they were dropping manual trans in N. America for 2024 so, for what that is worth ...

You can't really order a Tacoma, you have to work with the dealer to see their future allocations, and pick one that matches or is close to what you want and reserve it with a deposit. I found what I wanted on the lot and was done in a couple hours. As stated, I purchased from Longo Toyota in El Monte and they can even let you purchase from home with a virtual tour of it. They had a huge inventory of Tacomas. Salesman was Andrew Luu. I was able to get $500 under MSRP. You can also go through their digital sales team.

What I've been reading is the 2024 Taco will have a smaller 4 cyl turbo engine, which is already being used in a few different Toyota SUVs, but that hasn't been confirmed. I didn't want that, as a V6 has a higher towing capacity over a smaller turbo pumper. Plus, ToyotaMatt, who used to be a Toyota tech, told me never to buy the new model year trucks and always try for the last model year as the bugs have been mostly worked out.

I didn't go with the Pro as you pay a lot more money for middling Off-Road capability. Plus, I don't like the non-functional hood scoop.

I've since been able to buy the various add-on accessories for less than half what the factory or dealer installed cost would have been. The TRD OR 4wd is really the sweet spot for function/value/cost if you can find one without the dealer padding.

Next up is some Carhartt seat saver covers and down the line after warranty is out, a mild lift and larger tires.

Good luck!
Great info, really appreciate your comments and guidance. My son is 18, and really likes the TRD color….. he really wants it bad and letting him to make his own decisions ! I think we are going to have to start making phone calls. Anything around NYC sucks, the markup is ridiculous, he need’s to shop around.
I hear you with the manual and wife, all my cars are manual except Her’s ……

@TheCarMaster40 read this please ! (My kid)
Will be watching what you do to her !
Enjoy

Lookin good - @dr_dobro FYI I put deposit down on a ‘23 OR w/ manual in early November. Just got told by dealer I’m next up for allocation, don’t know how true that is but hopeful. Closing in on 5 months wait.
Nice, Congratulations…… you must be exited !
My kid put a deposit two days ago with the exact same truck like yours. Dealer said there were only 14 of these trucks nationwide, 10 spoken for, 3 available in the west coast (can’t remember where?) and one in production . Hopefully the order goes trough……They also said a 4-10 months wait.
my kid found this dealer in upstate NY (7hr away from us) that doesn’t have markups on any of their fleet cars. Everything around us is about 9-11 k in markups

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom