Finally got my engine running properly

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by offcamber40, Nov 24, 2003.

1. offcamber40

offcamber40

To all that helped me work through my running problems: Thanks! For those not following along, my brand new weber was having severe trouble on my rebuilt engine. Basically I checked everything, resealed everything, and replaced all vac lines... and it still ran horribly. I began to fear I had installed somethinginternally wrong.. as a last ditch effort, I pulled the fuel pressure regulator off that I was running (everyone says the weber needs 3 psi). Turns out that the regulator was the problem. The regulator was aparently starving the motor at WOT.. I am presently running it without one right now until I can swap an electric pump with a regulator. I think the factory pump does not work well with a inline type regulator.. BTW, too much fuel pressure, will that only erode the needle/seat over time, or does it do more damage? I called MAF about the regulator, they say that they stopped using them on all their installs because of similar running problems.

Mike

2. CruisinGA

CruisinGA

You may run rich, tho I think the stock fuel pump puts out 3-4 psi so you may be alright.

3. Poser

Poser Oh...Durka Durka Durka. s-Moderator Supporting Vendor

Media:
    Albums:
    I have ran a stock Toyota fuel pump on my 38mm Weber equipt 2F without a fuel regulator since '92. No carb/fuel issues here.

-Steve

4. 73lndcrsr

73lndcrsr

As long as your float level is correct, you should be fine.

5. toddslater

toddslater

AFAIK, that is the only thing that will happen when running to much fuel pressure over time. I was wondering if you ever put an inline FP gauge in to see what pressure your mechanical was putting out ?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.