Finally got my engine running properly (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
To all that helped me work through my running problems: Thanks! For those not following along, my brand new weber was having severe trouble on my rebuilt engine. Basically I checked everything, resealed everything, and replaced all vac lines... and it still ran horribly. I began to fear I had installed somethinginternally wrong.. as a last ditch effort, I pulled the fuel pressure regulator off that I was running (everyone says the weber needs 3 psi). Turns out that the regulator was the problem. The regulator was aparently starving the motor at WOT.. I am presently running it without one right now until I can swap an electric pump with a regulator. I think the factory pump does not work well with a inline type regulator.. BTW, too much fuel pressure, will that only erode the needle/seat over time, or does it do more damage? I called MAF about the regulator, they say that they stopped using them on all their installs because of similar running problems.

Mike

I have ran a stock Toyota fuel pump on my 38mm Weber equipt 2F without a fuel regulator since '92. No carb/fuel issues here.

-Steve

As long as your float level is correct, you should be fine.

BTW, too much fuel pressure, will that only erode the needle/seat over time, or does it do more damage?

AFAIK, that is the only thing that will happen when running to much fuel pressure over time. I was wondering if you ever put an inline FP gauge in to see what pressure your mechanical was putting out ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom