Finally get to say I own an 80! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

justbecause

perpetually lost.
Threads
We just went to Atlanta yesterday to buy a 1994 FZJ80 from Will at ACC Toyota.
Brought her home and after the trip odometer sits at 230k
Gray cloth interior
Green exterior, hood is still in good shape, Roof is starting to fade, I dont know what I am going to do yet, it is not a huge deal, but I’d like to limit the affects before the fading spreads.
2.5" OME
ARB front with Miler Marker winch.
Has a couple of scratches.
"Hotdog dent" below the drive side rear brake light.
33 BFG A/Ts on powder coated factor wheels

Slow windows, passenger side seat belt needs to be worked on, it does not like to retract, but other than that, I have not found anything that really needs addressing on the vehicle. Several things need wd40, the temp control is finicky, the controls like to stick on warm, I havnt done a search on that yet, I am still just very very excited about the vehicle.

My to-do list includes a shelf in the back, one that can hold all my stuff but that I can pull out easily so I can put the third row in.
My fat old dog needs a ramp so she can get in and out of the cruiser.
I think I am going to bed-line the bottom, thats where most of the scratches are and I like the 2-tone look.

one day sliders, and a rear bumper with tire&cooler carrier. :flipoff2:

199711_1777901279972_1012560070_31668245_2236430_n.jpg
This is going to be my Christmas card.

197189_1777901639981_1012560070_31668247_7587506_n.jpg
Dog approves once she is in the car.

200414_1777901719983_1012560070_31668248_3381503_n.jpg
THANK YOU ACC!!!!

Last edited:
Nice work. Now you need to start coming to the the bham meetings.

I WANT TO! e-mail me, I REALLY want a set of your sliders.... have you made a swing out tire arm yet?? I would be happy with dual swing outs I dont need an entire bumper... I just want a tire + fuel carrier on the outside of the vehicle.

Looks nice!

Really like those shirts.

Just wait till you get to say "Finally get to rebuild the front end, head gasket, power steer pump etc etc".
Looks the goods. Enjoy

nice truck, nice shirts :)

Now before you drive it ... replace starter contacts, front end, power steering pump, steering box, phh, fhh, head gasket, every rubber hose, gasket, and bushing, sand down all the rust and put on some POR 15 and your good to go :D

Just wait till you get to say "Finally get to rebuild the front end, head gasket, power steer pump etc etc".
Looks the goods. Enjoy

Isnt rebuilding the front end a cruiser right of passage?? I have not done my 40 yet... to many other things I have not had time to get to.

the power steering has already been done.

No, not at all looking forward to blowing a head gasket....

first thing I have to do is track down what to do to be able to select my temp, if I slide the nob over to cold something behind the dash starts clicking and it continues to blow hot air, if I cycle is back and forth several times sometimes it clears up, but most of the time I am getting hot air. Luckily the high today is like 65, but this will create a no driving situation by the time temps get above mid 70s.

On the bright side, I am pretty sure my heater vents could roast a turkey.

I've had my HVAC controls apart before. it shouldn't be terribly difficult to pull the control box out, open it up, and see what's askew on there.

Nice score! , always did like that color on a 80 series.

I've had my HVAC controls apart before. it shouldn't be terribly difficult to pull the control box out, open it up, and see what's askew on there.
It seems to be doing better now... I hate having a problem that comes and goes always seems like they are the hardest to track down. Saturday though I plan on getting into it though. I just have to make it through this week, luckily it seems like the more I use the windows the better they operate.

Nice score! , always did like that color on a 80 series.

I wanted green most of all, other options were the sage or silver colors. I did NOT want red black or blue.

I still get a big goofy grin when I walk up to her in the parking lot.

I did spend more on gas in two days driving her than I did two months in the jetta, bit of a culture shock, but completely worth it! I am just going to have to start brewing my own beer :cheers:

SCORE for you dude! Congrats,
I did the undercoat two tone thing on my Pickup, best thing I did. What scratches?
and as far as the hood is concerned,,,, undercoat paint that too.. just my 2 cents.
Happy family trails to you.
I'd of bought it too...

My to-do list includes a shelf in the back, one that can hold all my stuff but that I can pull out easily so I can put the third row in.
My fat old dog needs a ramp so she can get in and out of the cruiser.
I think I am going to bed-line the bottom, thats where most of the scratches are and I like the 2-tone look.

well, I did build a box... not exactly what I had in mind, but it works. 3rd row hasnt gone in since I pulled it out.

same good old dog
526840_4876365819649_437768994_n.jpg

I did remove the flares and line. Still have lots of scratches. I wish I had lined the whole truck, but live and learn.
I even let :princess: drive some now.
426159_4876370659770_2019019286_n.jpg

I did get a sweet set of sliders, and a sweeter roof rack.

249225_516538038358013_650544786_n.jpg

no rear bumper yet. I do have a set of factory locked axles in the yard that I may, one day, get around to putting in.

I have to manually control the temp by 1) going under the hood and adjusting the heater control valve or 2) reaching behind the bottom side of the passenger side dash and pulling on the cable. I cant get full hot or full cold with method 2. I have had the dash and HVAC apart, I have seen where it binds up, but I cant figure out what I need to do to make it work.

looking good !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom