Finally completed the Air Down Gear Up DIY base + sleeper kit and drawers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Solid construction and very simple to assemble, and Kyle at ADGU is very helpful.

20190929_142143.jpg

20191001_165257.jpg

20191001_182231.jpg

20191109_175717.jpg

20191109_175651.jpg

I love it. If I lived in an alternate life I would totally want that.

Looks great, is the sleeper part just supported by the second row seats? and is the plywood 1/2 or 3/4". Eventually I'm going to build something similar, but lower to the floor.

Looks great, is the sleeper part just supported by the second row seats? and is the plywood 1/2 or 3/4". Eventually I'm going to build something similar, but lower to the floor.
Thank you, yes the sleeper is supported by the second row seats and it's all 1/2. I agree a little lower would be awesome but I am still very happy with the smoothness of the drawers and the quality of the platform.

@Kyle Bell and I use Baltic Birch, Grade B/BB. Technically it's plywood, but it's not like what you'll see at Home Depot. It's 13 ply compared to the normal 3-5. We really like that stuff as a building material.

@Espi SERE Looks great! The visual appearance is excellent with those rear quarter window racks. Post up some pics once you get those things fully stocked!

Thank you, and you know it! I had the small forest axe and the American felling axe issued to me and loved them, so decided to stick with the rest of the Gransfors Bruks family

They are great axes!

They kind of become an obsession in their own right! lol..

I have the Small Forest Axe, Scandinavian Forest Axe, and the Hand Hatchet. I haven't used the American Felling Axe, but I bet it's a beast!

I like where you positioned them on your window racks.. Looks great!

Platform looks great. Is that the standard or the one that's a bit higher/more room under?

Maybe link for those window racks?

Platform looks great. Is that the standard or the one that's a bit higher/more room under?

Maybe link for those window racks?

That's our standard offering bedlined platform with drawers. See links below.

Platform:

Drawers:

We can do taller or lower on the platform, but the drawers are for the standard 13" offering which lays nicely on the 2nd row seat backs if you go with the sleeper option.

That's our standard offering bedlined platform with drawers. See links below.

Platform:

Drawers:

We can do taller or lower on the platform, but the drawers are for the standard 13" offering which lays nicely on the 2nd row seat backs if you go with the sleeper option.

what are the measurement of the drawers?

Isn't the back end a bit small to be a sleeper? With the second row folded up I only measured something like 5'4'' from the seat to the tailgate, not going to work for 6'2'' me...

Isn't the back end a bit small to be a sleeper? With the second row folded up I only measured something like 5'4'' from the seat to the tailgate, not going to work for 6'2'' me...

The SS1 sleeper lays OVER the second row, giving you a full 6"+ in length (more if you move front seats up). I'm 5'10" and I can leave the front seat in it's fully rear-ward position and sleep comfortably behind it.

Second row folded up is not ideal, so we made sure the SS1 used the second row folded down so your feet/head can go clear up the front seats. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom