Figured out why my rear diff won't lock (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

asutherland

VA7 HDT
Threads
Website
www.forgottenbc.ca
Center and Front lock, but the Rear just sits there and flashes. Quick check of the motor, and found the whole connector was corroded to s***. One of the prongs was even broken off! Ouch. :crybaby:

IMG_2141.JPG

IMG_2145.JPG

IMG_2146.JPG

hurry up and fix it

Same here... I ended up building a block off plate and permanently locking the fork over by machining a shaft and installing a sleeve on the shaft forcing the fork over into the lock position while I source parts. People look at you funny pulling into parking spots with the rear squealing the tires on hot pavement :)

I have this same problem. I ordered the connectors, but they have NO WIRE OR PINS! It’s just the plastic part. The dealer said that I would have to purchase a new harness for the wires. BLAH! I cut the plug out and crimped in some bullet connectors. Then I shrink-tubed over them and taped the hell out of it. It’s more water proof than it was. The only problem is if I need to take the actuator off then I will have to cut the tape and shrink tube off, but I hope I won’t need to do that anyway.

I have this same problem. I ordered the connectors, but they have NO WIRE OR PINS! It’s just the plastic part. The dealer said that I would have to purchase a new harness for the wires. BLAH! I cut the plug out and crimped in some bullet connectors. Then I shrink-tubed over them and taped the hell out of it. It’s more water proof than it was. The only problem is if I need to take the actuator off then I will have to cut the tape and shrink tube off, but I hope I won’t need to do that anyway.

You were shopping at the wrong dealer ;)

Sorry to add insult to injury, but for future reference there are replacement wire splices available as well as the plastic connector bodies. All you need to do is tell the (knowledgeable) dealer the 5 digit code from the connector body and how many pins you need for it. From that code they can order the connector body as well as cross referencing it to find the correct splices. They just need to know how to do that, which most don't seem to have figured out :doh:

You were shopping at the wrong dealer ;)

Sorry to add insult to injury, but for future reference there are replacement wire splices available as well as the plastic connector bodies. All you need to do is tell the (knowledgeable) dealer the 5 digit code from the connector body and how many pins you need for it. From that code they can order the connector body as well as cross referencing it to find the correct splices. They just need to know how to do that, which most don't seem to have figured out :doh:

One of the reasons us Yanks are so fortunate to have CDan and Beno on our side :hillbilly: - You don't need to know much of anything for them to be able to figure out what you need :D

Last edited:
Cool... I've been fighting with mine, it was somewhat ruined... I'll see if Toyota here can figure it out.

If you can get me the 5 digit code off the plug, I'll get you some part numbers tonight ;)

One of the reasons us Yanks are so fortunate to have CDan and Beno on our side :hillbilly: - You don't need to know much of anything other for them to be able to figure out what you need :D
Very true, although the Toyota wire harness repair manual floating around the interwebs (hosted on an Australian site I think) has all the info you need. I believe you can also download it from TIS if you have a subscription.

Get a GM weatherpack connector for it.

Dynosoar:zilla:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom