Fender Liner/skirt replacement? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
1994 fzj80

Hey everyone my 80 suffered some damage to the passenger side fender a few weeks ago in moab. I have got a new fender however it looks as though I will need a new skirt/liner (liner of the wheel well I'm not sure what they are called)

I'm looking for a metal replacement but if there is a good plastic one I am open to that also.

Thanks in advance.

I got these as well. Now I’m using them for patterns to cut old inner tubes up as replacements. They didn’t hold up very well for very long. They cracked/ripped. I believe this is yet another instance where OEM is the best bet.
Mine are still in great shape after many miles throughout California and Baja.

I pulled some OEM today, 26yrs old and still alive.

Why not just run OEM while you still can, they work well, are quality and last decades. Carve them up as needed for remote resi shocks or other mods. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Cheers

I pulled some OEM today, 26yrs old and still alive.

Why not just run OEM while you still can, they work well, are quality and last decades. Carve them up as needed for remote resi shocks or other mods. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Cheers
IMG_3869.jpeg

I’m doing a bunch of work on my truck and looked at these and I have to agree with you now, these are deteriorating. They look fine except where the plastic pegs hold them up, they start cracking around the mounting holes. Time to replace these.

Mine have been missing since I've owned it. Are they necessary?

If your 80 is a pile, no.

Otherwise, Toyota, the cost containment stalwarts of the auto industry, wouldn’t put them there if they didn’t serve a functional purpose. I’m guessing it’s for air/heat/debris mgmt.

I Blame Fred Williams for the condition of my truck. I just want to know if I should get them and install them. Do they help with under hood temps?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom