1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fender Flares for a '60?

Discussion in '60-Series Wagons' started by dogboy, Dec 31, 2003.

1. dogboy

dogboy

Has anyone purchased, installed, or seen firsthand the FJ60 Duraflare fender flares (see below) sold by Spectre Off-Road? Are these any good or just a worthless pile of poo?

Thanks for the input,

-dogboy- '87 FJ60

2. Poser

Poser Oh...Durka Durka Durka. s-Moderator Supporting Vendor

Media:
    Albums:
    They look :rainbow:

I vote #2

3. The Dude

The Dude

4. 60wag

60wag SILVER Star

Many years ago when I had my first 60, I decided I needed fender flares. The SOR Duraflares looked reasonable. After being raped by the "special packaging" cost, I set out to install the things. I didn't get too far. The rear looked easier than the front because the rolled edge of the fender is exposed all the way around. In front you have to deal with the inner fender screwed to the outer fender. I tried the front first. After an hour and dozen attempts with an assortment of c-clamps, I realized the the flares were indeed a pile of poo. I returned them and have never since thought I needed fender flares. HTHs

5. yooper

yooper Lost user SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    I've heard only poo from those that have tried them. PITA to install is the most common comment.

6. dogboy

dogboy

this site rocks!! thanks for the input fellas.....sounds like i'll be saving a few bucks and much frustration albeit at the expense of rock chips in the new paint..... oh well....

-dogboy- '87 FJ60

7. archie

archie

I purchased SOR's Sahara flares that are priced about 350 bucks and was disappionted by the fit and frustration of installing it. They sure look better than the duraflares above but generally would not reccomend them. This is from a person who works on old houses so if you don't work with your hands, you're in for a frustrating time. Good Luck.

8. thorvald

thorvald .......

Media:
    Albums:
    keep it flareless, less things to rip off on the rocks.
    :slap: