Feeling weird bounce/buck coming from Center Diff (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I tried searching the other forums and couldn't find something similar to what I'm experiencing. I bought this 99 Cruiser about two weeks ago and so i'm still getting used to it's quirks.

When driving on the freeway at 70mph I fill a bucking, bouncing, jumpy feeling directly under my driver seat, which to me feels like it's either the front or rear driveshaft at the Center Lock. From what I know is that if the driveline is unbalanced it will vibrate pretty furiously. I'm not really feeling a vibrating feeling.

I did take the drive shafts off and took them to 6 States Distributors in Orem, UT. They are were skeptical that it was the driveshaft.

What's your experience or thoughts?

Doubtful is the drive shafts, they usually manifest on deceleration and feel like the highway rumble strip, but not even that much. I'd look at tire balancing maybe, see if you can replicate it or if it was a one time thing.

Doubtful is the drive shafts, they usually manifest on deceleration and feel like the highway rumble strip, but not even that much. I'd look at tire balancing maybe, see if you can replicate it or if it was a one time thing.

Thanks, Trunk Monkey. I can reproduce it each time at 69-71mph. But, after I get the drive shafts back I'll take it in to get the tires balanced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom