FEELER: 80 Frame plates & shock towers for 3 link kit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

S

$250 is implausible and laughable. Unless you are at a bar drinking and doing critical engineering on a napkin with a stripper on your lap.

I see you’ve never worked with a welder or any DIY kits. These wouldn’t even take an hour a piece to mig weld and lots of companies sell shock towers and tubes for around $250

Right.

I have never done any welding or DIY kits in 20+ years of Land Cruiser ownership and professionally in the Land Cruiser world.

Then why is it laughable when I can buy competed universal Artec towers for $250 or ruffstuff for $150 or WFO for $220

Why is it laughable that a non-pro welder could weld a DYI shock tower kit in under 2 hours?

1687563126214.jpeg

1687563215846.jpeg

Anything more is laughable. Can buy a DIY bumper kit from Luke for like $800 but a pair of DIY shock towers at $250 is laughable.. haha

Last edited:
Then why is it laughable when I can buy competed universal Artec towers for $250 or ruffstuff for $150 or WFO for $220

Why is it laughable that a non-pro welder could weld a DYI shock tower kit in under 2 hours?

View attachment 3356427

View attachment 3356428

Anything more is laughable. Can buy a DIY bumper kit from Luke for like $800 but a pair of DIY shock towers at $250 is laughable.. haha
Go and buy them then sure you have a built not bought sticker somewhere

Go and buy them then sure you have a built not bought sticker somewhere

Already have, that's my YJ with D60 front and double-tri 4-link to 14bt in the rear. Moved the rear axle back about 6" and the front forward 2" to get 100+" wheel base while not having to chop the frame or run full hydro.

I'll 3-link the 80 at some point and will likely use universals since they are cheap and you can cut them to what you want. Go take a nap.

Last edited:
Already have, that's my YJ with D60 front and double-tri 4-link to 14bt in the rear. Moved the rear axle back about 6" and the front forward 2" to get 100+" wheel base while not having to chop the frame or run full hydro.

I'll 3-link the 80 at some point and will likely use universals since they are cheap and you can cut them to what you want.
Believe me I can see exactly everything that's under you rig . Did anyone say anything about this being a diy kit.... NO
One day maybe you can do your own r and d and build something of your own that someone hasn't taken all the thought work out of it. I actually build s*** have been building for years Back before anyone made a solid axle kit and mad it easy for home builders

Believe me I can see exactly everything that's under you rig . Did anyone say anything about this being a diy kit.... NO
One day maybe you can do your own r and d and build something of your own that someone hasn't taken all the thought work out of it. I actually build s*** have been building for years Back before anyone made a solid axle kit and mad it easy for home builders
It was brought as a suggestion to sell as a DIY kit. Why are you so mad about it.

OP already paid for the R&D or did you forget.

Too bad they don’t make a kit for the YJ that would have been way easier.

Not mad just stating that to say what is pictured is worth 250 bucks is nonsense maybe for some online sales maybe.
You guys carry on I'm out have fun .

Not mad just stating that to say what is pictured is worth 250 bucks is nonsense maybe for some online sales maybe.
You guys carry on I'm out have fun .

OK, I'm not the one spending $3000 (not including coilovers) on a 3-link so no skin off my back either

Oh it does make sense really how?
If you knew what diyoffroad was, you wouldn’t of asked why someone would sell a cad file… because all they do is sell cad files… that you can buy… and send to someone local to get cut out… and then you can the weld them yourself… instead of paying someone across the country to cut parts out… and then pay them to ship those parts across the country… so you can weld them yourself. Are you picking up where I’m going with this? You get to kinda skip an expensive part.. if you buy a cad file…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom