For Sale Feeler 2000 LC 131k Clean in Oregon (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bump for 165 views and no responses..

Come on guys any feedback?

Ask a question(s) and you will get some feedback.
Currently, you have just said that you might sell it and you might sell it for a certain price.

Well, since you asked...

Start with some more accurate details about your truck. You stated on this board that you bought it in April which is only four months ago versus your first post here which says six months. Quick vehicle turnaround and inaccurate details garner cynicism (strike 1). Hard to believe that four months of "daily driving" are "killing you" yet (so far, it's only cost you $900 more to drive than if you would have owned a Prius for the equivalent amount of time - unless you drive a million miles to work each day?). You advertised it as a "non smoking" truck with cigarette burns (strike 2), and said it had a crappy Kenwood HU with no additional details (strike 3 - btw, the stock HU sucks too.). You have a vague asking price (strike 4) that is on the high side for a so-far sketchy truck (strike 5), and you're a week late with additional interior pictures (strike 6 -you're out twice). Honestly, your chances of selling this truck on this forum with this particular ad are pretty slim.

Browse here for some better examples of "for sale" ads and try to mimic them. Otherwise, you're getting the reaction your ad warrants. What did you think would happen? That people would beat down your door for a half-hearted, contradictory, vague, disparaging ad?

Next time, take the word "feeler" out of your thread title. It's either for sale or it isn't. We don't need to know about your inner conflicts. To a buyer, that just means your going to be slow with information requests (as you have been with additional pictures), that you won't budge from your vague price, that you probably don't know much about the car you own, etc. etc. Is this a "for sale" thread, or a "what-do-y'all-think-my-car-is-worth-if-I-were-to-happen-to-think-about-selling-it-someday" thread?

:meh:

Oh, and the 20's aren't helping to reach a broader audience of potential buyers. Hit up CL for some stock 16's. They're around and cheap, and the stock look will draw more folks. Yeah, yeah, some people like the 20's, but on MUD, more will like the 16's for off-road, and better/cheaper tire selection. Know your audience.

Is this the feedback you were looking for? :D

Last edited:
:clap: best feedback ever. I am looking for a 100 and this pretty much sums up what I was thinking too when I saw the ad. Be careful what you ask for....you just might get it. :D

Well, since you asked...

Start with some more accurate details about your truck. You stated on this board that you bought in in April which is only four months ago versus your first post here which says six months. Quick vehicle turnaround and inaccurate details garner cynicism (strike 1). Hard to believe that four months of "daily driving" are "killing you" yet (so far, it's only cost you $900 more to drive than if you would have owned a Prius for the equivalent amount of time - unless you drive a million miles to work each day?). You advertised it as a "non smoking" truck with cigarette burns (strike 2), and said it had a crappy Kenwood HU with no additional details (strike 3 - btw, the stock HU sucks too.). You have a vague asking price (strike 4) that is on the high side for a so-far sketchy truck (strike 5), and you're a week late with additional pictures (strike 6 -you're out twice). Honestly, your chances of selling this truck on this forum with this particular ad are pretty slim.

Browse here for some better examples of "for sale" ads and try to mimic them. Otherwise, you're getting the reaction your ad warrants. What did you think would happen? That people would beat down your door for a half-hearted, contradictory, vague, disparaging ad?

Next time, take the word "feeler" out of your thread title. It's either for sale or it isn't. We don't need to know about your inner conflicts. To a buyer, that just means your going to be slow with information requests (as you have been with additional pictures), that your won't budge from your vague price, that you probably don't know much about the car you own, etc. etc. Is this a "for sale" thread, or a "what-do-y'all-think-my-car-is-worth-if-I-were-to-happen-to-think-about-selling-it-someday" thread?

:meh:

Oh, and the 20's aren't helping to reach a broader audience of potential buyers. Hit up CL for some stock 16's. They're around and cheap, and the stock look will draw more folks. Yeah, yeah, some people like the 20's, but on MUD, more will like the 16's for off-road, and better/cheaper tire selection. Know your audience.

Is this the feedback you were looking for? :D

Layonnn: My question is... Would anyone be interested in buying my truck. Clear enough?

Papalud: Sorry no... It came with ugly 22's and I pulled them off asap in favor of the 20's.

miko: Good point.. I've been slammed and probably should have had all my s*** together pre post..

DrivingMissRosey: Thanks!

re_guderian: Feel better? Thanks for taking the time to beat up my ad. Seriously.. I appreciate the feedback, even if it's negative.

timmbuck2: Good to know that there are people out there looking.. I'll clean up the ad and repost.

...re_guderian: Feel better? Thanks for taking the time to beat up my ad. Seriously.. I appreciate the feedback, even if it's negative...
Do I feel better? Not really, wasn't looking to feel good, was looking to help you sell your truck since you asked for feedback. :meh: I have bought two rigs that were listed on MUD and sold one here as well. I'm casually in the market for another 100, so I browse here frequently. There is a difference between ads that sell and ones that languish for months getting bumped constantly. Was just giving you pointers on how write an ad that would sell, not bash you personally. Would people be interested in buying your truck? Sure, at the right price, with the right pictures, and with the right information (and the right wheels :lol:). People come to this sub-forum specifically looking to buy vehicles. Do a good job of honestly marketing your truck, at a reasonable price, and it should sell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom