February 15-18 Presidents’ Day long weekend (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What is the departure time? I am maybe in. We are thinking about doing a test run of camping this weekend. Shall see how that goes with a new born. Also with our new baby friendly camping gear. Man things are changing.

What is the departure time? I am maybe in. We are thinking about doing a test run of camping this weekend. Shall see how that goes with a new born. Also with our new baby friendly camping gear. Man things are changing.

Been there done that.

I got the ok from my boss to take Friday off so I’m in:hillbilly:

Im gonna talk to the Mrs and see if there is a way for us to pull this off. We might just plan to meet the group.

As of now I am planning on going..

Anyone bringing their trailer?

Im gonna talk to the Mrs and see if there is a way for us to pull this off. We might just plan to meet the group.

That would be great! go for it

Any more details on the trip Steve?

Jason,

We are all thrilled that you and the clan will make this run. For planning purposes, our first night camp will likely be near the beginning of Johns Canyon off of Johns Canyon road. BLM Road 244 west of highway 163 just north of Mexican Hat.

We will make Camp on the west side of the trail maybe an hour or so before sunset on 02/15/19. We will likely depart Camp between 8:30 and 9. Towards or next sights and Camp spot. I’m trying to make all camping and travel easy by staying on BLM land

https://www.trailsoffroad.com/trails/559-johns-canyon

Phil introduced me to this trail 3 plus years ago and I found the views spectacular.

Simple view, from highwa 163
225019DB-3A1F-4779-A820-DFFEDA7A1CFB.png

Stay tuned everyone.

This trip involves a lot of driving and knowing our vehicle and fuel limitation. While the roads may be dirt, weather can change quickly and alter our paths. Camping will likely be cold at night, this is not a camping trip to be ill prepared. Get your vehicles ready, check your gear, assume that we might spread out a bit depending on weather and camping available

Any permits required?
Anyone bringing a trailer?

Jason,

We are all thrilled that you and the clan will make this run. For planning purposes, our first night camp will likely be near the beginning of Johns Canyon off of Johns Canyon road. BLM Road 244 west of highway 163 just north of Mexican Hat.

We will make Camp on the west side of the trail maybe an hour or so before sunset on 02/15/19. We will likely depart Camp between 8:30 and 9. Towards or next sights and Camp spot. I’m trying to make all camping and travel easy by staying on BLM land

https://www.trailsoffroad.com/trails/559-johns-canyon

Phil introduced me to this trail 3 plus years ago and I found the views spectacular.

Simple view, from highwa 163
View attachment 1875860

Stay tuned everyone.

This trip involves a lot of driving and knowing our vehicle and fuel limitation. While the roads may be dirt, weather can change quickly and alter our paths. Camping will likely be cold at night, this is not a camping trip to be ill prepared. Get your vehicles ready, check your gear, assume that we might spread out a bit depending on weather and camping available

Will most likely just be erin and i. I know the area fairly well, so makes sense to me. Haevemt looked up close at a map yer, but i will tomorrow.

Quick question, just to confirm. Driving up Friday the 15th, 3 nights camping, returning on Monday the 18th right?

Anyone planning bringing any kids with them? I was debating bringing my oldest boy (8 yr old), but only if other people have kids along.

Quick question, just to confirm. Driving up Friday the 15th, 3 nights camping, returning on Monday the 18th right?

Anyone planning bringing any kids with them? I was debating bringing my oldest boy (8 yr old), but only if other people have kids along.

Correct.

Looking at the list of confirmed, I’m not sure if anyone else is bringing any young adults or children.

I would like to get in on this run if there ends up being room. Short drive from Moab.

Finally got the official go-ahead from work for the time off. You can move me from the maybe to the yes list. I'll be driving solo, planning on towing my Moab trailer along. @Rudster and @brices123 let me know if you guys are bringing trailers as well

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom