February 15-18 Presidents’ Day long weekend (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Do you have a departure location & time yet?

Might be quicker for me to meet y'all in Kayenta or along I17 on Friday.

Lmk! Thanks!

Last edited:
How does the Fed shutdown affect of all the National Parks?

wow 22 trucks if everyone shows up. We better start each day early lol

I’m thinking we will meet Friday morning at 10 AM in Flagstaff at the ConocoPhillips travel center at 7180 US-89, Flagstaff 86004. This will be our fuel top off point before we head north.

For those departing from Phoenix we will be leaving at 7:30 to account for traffic. There will not be fast food stops so everyone should be prepared to eat lunches and dinners from whatever you bring. We will be topping off our fuel again near monument Valley.

@Stepmurr if you want to meet up in Kayenta that will be fine.

Long term weather forecast so people have an idea what we might see. This is Goisenecks State Park
9B184911-8EB0-438E-9B8D-AAF0A76F12ED.png

How does the Fed shutdown affect of all the National Parks?

Monument Valley is a tribal park so shouldn't have issues related to the shutdown, unsure if this trip would end up going through federally-run parks at any point?

Monument Valley is a tribal park so shouldn't have issues related to the shutdown, unsure if this trip would end up going through federally-run parks at any point?

I’m attempting to travel and Camp on BLM land. The national parks are open for now but we shouldn’t count on it.

Foodwise, are we planning anything as a group? I am happy either way, and will have my dad in tow, so we will be two mouths to keep fed.

Foodwise, are we planning anything as a group? I am happy either way, and will have my dad in tow, so we will be two mouths to keep fed.

Jason, I’m thinking our group is going to be so large that potluck is possibly too challenging, weather and people are unpredictable. My suggestion is to loop up with a couple of close friends and do a mini version.

In just 4 short weeks we will be on the road. I have a plan to drive up to scout the area and a few trails to see what our camp option are.

@murf asked about the impact of the government shut down, most of the BLM and National Park Service sites show that they will or are not staffed. Phone calls have gone unanswered so I’m driving up next week. I’m planning on skirting the National Parks and trying to stay on BLM or state land, this should help us avoid any surprises.

I’ve mentioned this to a few folks, there will be a lot of driving, possibly in excess of 1000 miles. The scenery will be stunning and the company is always the best. So looking forward to seeing all of you.

@jclarke450 are you still 98% ? Will be great to catch up with you and Erin.

I have a plan to drive up to scout the area and a few trails to see what our camp option are.
I'm interested in how far :steer: between gas stations.

Not an issue for the Taco but could be dicey with the 40.

In just 4 short weeks we will be on the road. I have a plan to drive up to scout the area and a few trails to see what our camp option are.

@murf asked about the impact of the government shut down, most of the BLM and National Park Service sites show that they will or are not staffed. Phone calls have gone unanswered so I’m driving up next week. I’m planning on skirting the National Parks and trying to stay on BLM or state land, this should help us avoid any surprises.

I’ve mentioned this to a few folks, there will be a lot of driving, possibly in excess of 1000 miles. The scenery will be stunning and the company is always the best. So looking forward to seeing all of you.

your dedication to trail leadership always makes for epic adventures Steve!

Jason, I’m thinking our group is going to be so large that potluck is possibly too challenging, weather and people are unpredictable. My suggestion is to loop up with a couple of close friends and do a mini version.

Sounds good. I like keeping it simple and easy. This IS a big group, and should make for some good campfire banter.

Looks like we are in. Family discussion tonight to determine if kids are possibly coming...Unlikely, but possible. Figuring out our logistics. As I know the details, I will let you know. Very much looking forward to it, even if it will be about 3800 miles roundtrip!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom