Favourite Tool (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This was my grandfathers has been a life saver many times. It's so old there isn't even a patten number on it. I've had a 4' snipe on it and it holds out.

View attachment 2705544

View attachment 2705545
IMG_6794.jpeg

Similar in uses… anyone ever have one of these?
Stanley or Crescent are likely the original… Mastercraft makes one, and even Amazon Basics have one. If they’re well made they potentially could be good. Quality would make the difference between a paperweight and something useful.

I recently picked up a new GRAY Tools adjustable wrench at a thrift store for $2.99. I looked it up…
IMG_6796.jpeg

I have to say it’s worth way more than cheap wrenches… opens up to an inch and doesn’t loosen off.

Good to know. Thanks
I have the 10" version in my shop. Friend was helping me tidy up a while back after a project, he asked where it lived...

Honestly it's not out of my hand long enough to ever get put away.

Expensive, but worth every penny.

Oddly enough the sizes don't vary a ton in price. The little one that lives in my pants pocket 99% of the time isn't much cheaper that the 10.

I have the 10" version in my shop. Friend was helping me tidy up a while back after a project, he asked where it lived...

Oddly enough the sizes don't vary a ton in price. The little one that lives in my pants pocket 99% of the time isn't much cheaper that the 10.
There is a reason that strap-on carries them.

😉

5” or 6” Knipex for your smaller size?

Or the size to make Trump feel better about himself…
IMG_6801.jpeg

If you were only buying one, which would you buy first?

Looks like amazon have them for about $75… or Mastercraft $50 for their version, but I’m thinking buy quality, buy once.

Last edited:
5” or 6” Knipex for your smaller size?

Or the size to make Trump feel better about himself…View attachment 3576227
If you were only buying one, which would you buy first?

Looks like amazon have them for about $75… or Mastercraft $50 for their version, but I’m thinking buy quality, buy once.
I have the 5" for my pocket carry.

There's times I wish I'd got the 6", they open just that smidge wider, I'm not sure if it'd be as comfortable in the jeans pocket, but they're so close maybe you wouldn't notice the difference?.

You might want to hold them in your hand first to decide...

Last edited:
I have the 5" for my pocket carry.

There's times I wish I'd got the 6", they open just that smidge wider, I'm not sure if it'd be as comfortable in the jeans pocket, but they're so close maybe you wouldn't notice the difference?.

You might want to hold them in your hand first to decide...
5” would likely feel like this in my hands…
1709914769422.jpeg

These days I’m wearing 14 or 15 shoes (US sizing now)… and XL gloves tend to fit like one size fits all for many people (and they don’t fit me).

There’s a downside to being 6’4”+

I’ve been carrying a 6” Gray crescent wrench in my jeans pocket… sounds like 6” would be the way to go. I suspect 10” wouldn’t fit into many of the awkward spots they’d be most helpful for.

6” Gray…
IMG_6816.jpeg

Last edited:
5” would likely feel like this in my hands…
View attachment 3576981
These days I’m wearing 14 or 15 shoes (US sizing now)… and XL gloves tend to fit like one size fits all for many people (and they don’t fit me).

There’s a downside to being 6’4”+

I’ve been carrying a 6” Gray crescent wrench in my jeans pocket… sounds like 6” would be the way to go. I suspect 10” wouldn’t fit into many of the awkward spots they’d be most helpful for.

6” Gray…View attachment 3577004
Yeah I'd probably do the 6.

Thinking about it, I ordered the 5 online, was kinda surprised how small it is.

That said, it probably works better for the fiddly s*** I deal with at work. It's saved me hundreds of trips back to my toolbox.

Last edited:
Yeah I'd probably do the 6.

Thinking about it, I ordered the 5 online, was kinda surprised how small it is.

That said, it probably works better for the fiddly s*** I deal with at work. It's saved me hundreds of trips back to my toolbox.
Well, I took the plunge…

IMG_6831.jpeg
I’m glad I went with 6 vs 5. It feels like a bit of a trade off to make it more convenient to carry. In my hand I’m considering the 7.25”… but that would begin to get awkward in my jeans pocket.
image.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom