Fall '17 High Water Mark Trail (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

May 4-6?

That wouldn't interfere with any events that I'm aware of and would put it in a cooler time of the year...the only thing I would be concerned with those dates would be the water levels. Hit or miss is my guess.

May 4-6?

That wouldn't interfere with any events that I'm aware of and would put it in a cooler time of the year...the only thing I would be concerned with those dates would be the water levels. Hit or miss is my guess.

I might be in on that.

So travel up on 4th, ride on 5th, Head back on 6th? You got a route or we just doing whatever? I’m gonna try to make this, but probably won’t know for sure till 2-3 weeks before.

I'll travel to LR on the 3rd and meet up with everyone on the 4th.

@Volunteer has sent me the route via email that we need to discuss. I can email copies of it to you two.

Would love to join you guys its just not in the timing for me with two trips already planned and trying to train a new rig. Its an awesome route and area our group had a great time. We had plenty of practice working as a team for future overland trips. Our most valuable tools were the chainsaws and winches. I guess we went through after a storm had passed we had to cut out way through parts of the trail all 3 days. I'm doing a Natchez Trace/LLK event trip next month and another in early June I'll be the Smokies. If I can help with any additional maps, material or other please let me know would be glad to send them over Andrew :cheers:

Thanks Larry!

Could you send a .pdf (or similar file) of the actual route that was taken? I thought I had one before but it seems its become lost or inactive.

Thanks Larry!

Could you send a .pdf (or similar file) of the actual route that was taken? I thought I had one before but it seems its become lost or inactive.

Will do :cheers:

Yes.

We are nailing down a route but that will depend on the amount of time we have to stay. Talking about traveling up on the 3rd if everyone can. If not we will shorten the route and travel up on the 4th.

You planning multiple camp sites or a base camp? My rig isn’t really set up for hauling things and what not...

Just curious

I've run several sections of the HWMT in my Taco, but never in my new to me 80. Not worried about pin striping, but I'm wondering if the 80 is likely to get deflared, or if height will be an issue with an RTT on top? Gets pretty skinny in spots.

I've run several sections of the HWMT in my Taco, but never in my new to me 80. Not worried about pin striping, but I'm wondering if the 80 is likely to get deflared, or if height will be an issue with an RTT on top? Gets pretty skinny in spots.

You won't have any issues you can't handle with the 80 & RTT on height or width I ran it with four 80's two of them had RTT's but you will get pinstriping the trail is run regularly but its not maintained like a park so in places there is tight growth to work through. There is a possibility you will have to cut around falling trees or other obstacles. A storm blew through before we ran it and we ended doing a lot of cutting and winching to keep moving. We did a good job on trip planning and preparation we had everything we needed to handle most issues the trail could throw at us. Well worth it too :cheers:

20170420_114505.jpg
20170421_074453.jpg

You might hit down timber from the tornado a few weeks ago plus the water is really jacked right now ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom