Fall '17 High Water Mark Trail (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm carrying a Ozark Trail tent, Coleman stove and a sleeping bag complete with pillow.

Prolly some 100% deet bug spray too.

And a cooler....of course...

So good luck keeping up with my fancy gear!

Dude. You're gonna have to camp in your own area. No way that stuff is #EAF acceptable.

100% deet!? Do you even care about the environment? :rofl:

I'm interested, have never done a overnight trail ride.
October works, I'd even do August, got to be cooler and less mosquito's than being in Jonesboro
. . . and i'm down w/ the Ozark Trail tent, Coleman stove, etc. . blends right in w/ my Great Value poptarts !!

I'm interested, have never done a overnight trail ride.
October works, I'd even do August, got to be cooler and less mosquito's than being in Jonesboro
. . . and i'm down w/ the Ozark Trail tent, Coleman stove, etc. . blends right in w/ my Great Value poptarts !!

That's right. Only Sam's Choice Cola gets mixed with my bourbon....We'll be the classiest of the bunch!

Wait, when in Oct? Y'all better check yaself before ya wreck yaself!

Come on @Bodean you know we'll plan around the October Cottonland Party.

I'll for sure be in attendance at the Crawl. That's the Tacoma's debut weekend son!

Hope im not intruding but a friend and i are planning on doing part or as much as we can of the trail this October. We have already taken vacation and would gratley appreciate any advise or mapping. I have read several posts from this forum and others on this trail and would like to go as prepared as possible. Thanks in advance.

I was hoping to be able to make this ride with the BSLCA boys but due to work restrictions I'm not going to be able to make it.

A couple local guys and I are planning on doing this during the fall. Just curious on who would be interested.

Will post exact dates when they become available.
I'm interested. Send me the updates.

Hope im not intruding but a friend and i are planning on doing part or as much as we can of the trail this October. We have already taken vacation and would gratley appreciate any advise or mapping. I have read several posts from this forum and others on this trail and would like to go as prepared as possible. Thanks in advance.

If we continue our lack of rain, the crossings should be manageable. Especially for stock rigs and novices.

As for mapping, etc, others will have to chime in on that. I've never ran the "official" route but I've been quite a few places around it over the past few years. I haven't been able to make a trip to the Ozarks at all this year, so I can't comment on the condition of trails and routes.

Look on OverlandGuild.org, as Jayston posted routes and info there. He's the "guy" that basically created that route.

Here's the link to the Overland Guide thread by Jayston that has quite a few of the HMW trails mapped, they can be downloaded via DropBox and viewed in Google Earth. The HWM trail is actually a collection of many trails that, if ran consecutively, while span about 3 days depending on how many people are with you and how much time you spend driving vs sight-seeing. Be sure to read his conditions and stick to them, you'll notice that no one has posted the full trail from start to finish and they're trying to keep it that way. Feel free to record it for personal use though.

Due to a long strand of unforeseen events I will not be able to make the trip up this year.

I don't have any official mapping but its pretty well laid out in GPS map form on Google.

Resurrection day...

Anyone still interested? I'm thinking August 24-26...

July 27-29?

Open discussion on dates lol.

I talked some with @Volunteer today about their findings and the GPS route they used. Maybe some of the BSLCA folks will be interested as well.

Posted a few pics from last years trip and already a few are ready to go back. Great trip. Of course the earlier you can go the more comfortable you'll be like mentioned above thats a warm time of year but understand you have to pull the trigger when you can. The few guys I know that would be ready to go wouldn't be interested that time of year. Glad to help with any info I can help with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom