Factory throttle control knob needs a part, where to source? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

alia176

SILVER Star
Threads
I had to remove the black knob from the throttle cable the other day and broke the brass barb deal. This is the deal that allows the knob to be slid on then it clicks. This way you can pull the black knob out to increase idle rpm, then turn it to lock. Anybody know where I can source this barb deal? I wonder if there other throttle or carb choke pull cables that may have the same mechanism......:hmm:

I had to remove the black knob from the throttle cable the other day and broke the brass barb deal. This is the deal that allows the knob to be slid on then it clicks. This way you can pull the black knob out to increase idle rpm, then turn it to lock. Anybody know where I can source this barb deal? I wonder if there other throttle or carb choke pull cables that may have the same mechanism......:hmm:

Is yours OEM?

OEM HT.jpg

I think this is the knob for it, but don't know if the knob comes with the barbed clip.

knob.jpg

I could be wrong but for some reason I I feel like there might be a barb on both sides and you might be able to just turn the knob 180 degrees and reinstall. If not you could probably epoxy the knob back on and make it work until the next time you have to remove it.....

I already answered the question one post above. Barb is a part of a cable assy itself.

You win the prize then. :beer:

I could be wrong but for some reason I I feel like there might be a barb on both sides and you might be able to just turn the knob 180 degrees and reinstall. If not you could probably epoxy the knob back on and make it work until the next time you have to remove it.....

I might get creative and drill a hole through the cable end and drill a hole through the knob so that a pin can be inserted through both items. Certainly not as elegant as OEM but don't have a need to purchase a whole another cable!

Thank you all for the inputs.

Sorry to resurrect the old thread but I also have this knob and need to get in there to replace the dash speakers. How is the knob connected/how do you remove it without hosing the barb? Thanks!

There should be a small hole in the knob that you can push a small screwdriver tip, a pick or something similar into. Use that to push the barb in towards the cable and then pull the knob off.

Just to add to Phil stated, this barb is quite robust and can be bent back to the correct shape so that it does its job once again. Mine happens to 15 years old and finally let go after many removals!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom