Factory specs on weight over each axle? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone know where this information might be found?

I've found some data from an Australian site saying an 80's kerb weight is 2.07 T (that would vary a fair bit depending on the spec level when delivered) and I know the legal GVM is 2.96 T with a legal ATM of 2.5 T for pre-1996 and 3.5 tonnes for 1996 up.

I can't find published GCM (gross combination mass) for an 80 but it should be GVM + ATM - towball weight meaning mine (as pre-96) would have a GCM of 2.96 T + 2.5 T - 0.25 T = 5.21 T. For a 1996 up 80 it would therefore be 2.96 T + 3.5 T - 0.35 T = 6.11 T.

I think that's the correct way to work out GCM.

Last edited:
It's a pain isn't it? The official source of that information is in the "New Car Features" publications for the 80 series Landcruiser. I have never managed to locate them in either print or digital form for the "General" market. The information is available in digital form for the US market, but that's not official for our models. If you want an official answer, you might need to dial up your local parts/service department and see if they can provide you with something comprehensive for your exact model.

Righto - I finally found the weighbridge report. Done in 2015 and was 1.28 tonnes over front axle and 1.36 tonnes over rear axle totalling 2.64 tonnes. Since then I've fitted a full rear bar and twin wheel carrier to the back, replaced the batteries with heavier ones (AGM's instead of regular lead acid), and I've taken out my full toolkit as that gets stored seperately now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom