factory service manuals and how to find them (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

g-man

SILVER Star
Threads
FYI...IH8MUD has invaluable factory service manuals also known as FSMs saved in the "Resources" section. I say this because it is not very evident and I think many don't know they are there.

Click on Resources at the task bar at top of page. Drill down, Toyota, then Land Cruiser, then 60 series. You will find FSMs that relate to your vehicle. Click on the FSM that you want and when that page loads there is a download button on the right side of the page. Click on the download button and save these in a folder on your PC.

Some that I have found invaluable are : 84-90 chassis-body, 80 2f Motor, 81 2f emissions control. I'm not sure if the 2f engine repair 91 printing is the same as the 1980 2f motor FSM maybe someone can verify this. Other info can be found on 86 Maintenance, and 85 Chassis & Body supplemental.

I found that if I use Adobe Acrobat Reader to open the FSMs (they are in pdf format), that I can copy and paste pages to threads on MUD and it's great for communicating instructions or asking for a clarification of the instructions.

This should be included in the FAQs.

Last edited:
Thanks for pointing out the existence of the 1991 printing of the 2F engine manual! Was Toyota still making 2F engines in 1991? I did a quick side by side scan and there are some content differences between the new (1991) and old (1980)...The newer manual does not show the oil cooler but the new manual shows how to replace the diaphragm on the fuel pump. In the new manual, the carburetor has a "USA" carburetor section and that carburetor includes an AAP valve. This is something the 22R carburetors had but I don't think it is on the FJ60 carburetor. The foreword indicates it applies to Land Cruisers AND Trucks and that the specifications are based on the 1974 production model (!).

1672845425050.png

FYI...IH8MUD has invaluable factory service manuals also known as FSMs saved in the "Resources" section. I say this because it is not very evident and I think many don't know they are there.

Click on Resources at the task bar at top of page. Drill down, Toyota, then Land Cruiser, then 60 series. You will find FSMs that relate to your vehicle. Click on the FSM that you want and when that page loads there is a download button on the right side of the page. Click on the download button and save these in a folder on your PC.

Some that I have found invaluable are : 84-90 chassis-body, 80 2f Motor, 81 2f emissions control. I'm not sure if the 2f engine repair 91 printing is the same as the 1980 2f motor FSM maybe someone can verify this. Other info can be found on 86 Maintenance, and 85 Chassis & Body supplemental.

I found that if I use Adobe Acrobat Reader to open the FSMs (they are in pdf format), that I can copy and paste pages to threads on MUD and it's great for communicating instructions or asking for a clarification of the instructions.

This should be included in the FAQs.
This should be at the top of any FSM search. Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom