Factory roof rack stuck during removal 06 LX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone dealt with these spacers before?
20200927_132026.jpg

I'm in the process of removing the factory roof rack and these spacers are locked down with some adhesive that I cannot get broken free.

Anyone have any tips? I tried looking at past rack removals but I couldn't find any that had this config with these spacers.

Those plastic clips are held on by double-sided tape, they will pop off with a gentle pry from a screwdriver. that larger rubberish spacer is on there though, if you want it off you may need some type of solvent to break it down, something that won't harm the paint. Try a citrus one like goo gone, or mineral spirits, then get under it with something like a dash removal tool (plastic scraper/knife). Or just leave it there.

Those plastic clips are held on by double-sided tape, they will pop off with a gentle pry from a screwdriver. that larger rubberish spacer is on there though, if you want it off you may need some type of solvent to break it down, something that won't harm the paint. Try a citrus one like goo gone, or mineral spirits, then get under it with something like a dash removal tool (plastic scraper/knife). Or just leave it there.

I used a flathead screwdriver and a small hammer to tap under and twist the pieces loose. Just remember to apply some caulk around the holes when you reinstall the new hardware/attachments.

Amazon product ASIN B000H8W9V8
Otherwise water will find a way inside...

Are you removing the stock rack? If so would you sell your rack end caps?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom