CLOSED: Fabulous Fabrications Snorkel Group Buy (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It looks like there are 2 differences with the Aussie lower air boxes:
1) they have the round inlet vs oval
2) they have a built-in one way duck bill drain valve. We'll need to add one

View attachment 2841229
like this one - duck bill valve Drain for air box intake snorkel black 1 1/2 45 mm ball OZ STOCK | eBay - https://www.ebay.com/itm/143324726233

another option is to install one of these like @linuxgod did.
Amazon product ASIN B07NTY936C
The ARB, Dobinson's, etc kits will work with the US airbox, it's just a bit of effort. You'll want to heat up the rubber connector (~4" diameter hose, I think) to get it on though as the rubber is round and the US airbox is sort of oblong. The worm clamps that the kits come with will secure the connector.

Here's the latest list - let me know if I forgot you. Hit me up in a PM or edit your original posts and let me know what version you want 4"/5" SS/PC. It shouldn't matter for the order, but they're just wanting to get a heads up on the counts. Also, let me know if you're going to coordinate dual shipping with a homie.

1) @radman - 4" Stainless Steel
2) @YieldHunter
3) @1world1love
4) @kcjaz
5) @kwelhand (Depending in LX)
6) @Wafflroo - 4" Stainless Steel
7) @rick312
8) @Leol785
9) @DoughNut - 4" Satin Black PC
10) @CharlieS - 4" Satin Black PC
@radman u can add "4" Satin Black PC" to my name (#4 above).

This does not require an Australian air box despite a possible slight oval shape.
Eric, did your guys seal off the drain hole in the air box or did you add a valve?
Also, is that some PPF on the lower section of the snorkel?

Here's the latest list - let me know if I forgot you. Hit me up in a PM or edit your original posts and let me know what version you want 4"/5" SS/PC. It shouldn't matter for the order, but they're just wanting to get a heads up on the counts. Also, let me know if you're going to coordinate dual shipping with a homie.

1) @radman - 4" Stainless Steel
2) @YieldHunter
3) @1world1love
4) @kcjaz - 4" Satin Black PC
5) @kwelhand (Depending in LX)
6) @Wafflroo - 4" Stainless Steel
7) @rick312
8) @Leol785 - 4" Satin Black PC
9) @DoughNut - 4" Satin Black PC
10) @CharlieS - 4" Satin Black PC
4" SB PC, ship it to the madhouse and I'll come grab from you :) TYTYTY

Oh my god the BS on this thread is full tilt. I don't think you can measure the performance difference... and if you could it would be microscopic.

On one of the aircraft I fly I can select for filtered or ram air (once at cruising altitude, like to keep the engines clean):

220+ mph of ram air + completely bypass the engine air filter = little less than 1" of manifold pressure.

An inch of additional manifold pressure (at high altitudes it's less) gets you a very, very small increase in performance.... However remember that I am operating the aircraft at full throttle. As soon as you back off from full throttle you are using the throttle butterfly to restrict MAP, so the 1/2" or less that you lost is meaningless.

Now... if you are into top speed runs at Bonneville with your LC this may not be the right product for you.

The best part of this thread is how everyone ignored you and refused to take the bait (even after insulting everyone)
I blocked that guy and he can’t even see this thread anymore 😬

I blocked that guy and he can’t even see this thread anymore 😬
What are we Facebook now? :censor:Kidding, just kidding. Sometimes people really do need help self sensoring and using a filter when expressing there thoughts. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and should be allowed to express it but how you express it matters. I appreciate this forum because most of us understand this and can do that.

Some people just can't get out of their own way.

I tend to give folks the benefit of the doubt online because social media is a lot like tequila. It bestows a false sense of freedom from consequences that will eventually come. On the other hand, some people's real-life personalities translate pretty accurately on the internet. I suspect that may be the case there.

1st post has been updated.

@kwelhand , @rick312, @1world1love - just verifying if you guys are still in. If so, we’re at 10 and we can move on to the ordering phase…

C07A5D5B-453E-4DF2-AB96-C45524059925.jpeg

I always wanted one of these after seeing Eric’s at Ed Martin Toyota. Unfortunately I don’t think it will square with my Dissent roof rack. Someone please tell me I’m incorrect.

I always wanted one of these after seeing Eric’s at Ed Martin Toyota. Unfortunately I don’t think it will square with my Dissent roof rack. Someone please tell me I’m incorrect.
Oh crap. I have a Dissent roof rack on order 😬

Looks like it will be awful close, but it may be offset just enough. May want to ask @Eric Sarjeant if he can measure the distance from the top most part of the windshield glass to the innermost edge of the snorkel. From the pics that radman posted in the first post, it seems like it may be ok.

87D27B41-D8CF-4B02-9A86-797E7A98E7FE.jpeg

Hmm, “might clear, but it’ll be close” is not my preference. Also, I think in warmer weather when the PS shadow awn is on I’ll end up with a maelstrom of turbulence at the inlet even if it does fit. Sorry to muddy the thread guys. I’m psyched there will be a lot more of the rolling around. Good luck with them!

Hmm, “might clear, but it’ll be close” is not my preference. Also, I think in warmer weather when the PS shadow awn is on I’ll end up with a maelstrom of turbulence at the inlet even if it does fit. Sorry to muddy the thread guys. I’m psyched there will be a lot more of the rolling around. Good luck with them!

Bummer. I am not sure it would clear the awning at any rate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom