CLOSED: Fabulous Fabrications Snorkel Group Buy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've been in contact with the Fabulous Aussies about getting one of their stainless steel snorkel's, and they are willing to give us a group discount.

They are offering a 20% with 10 units.

Retail prices:
$552 for Stainless Steel
$626 for Satin Black Powder Coat
$184 for Shipping

552 + 184 = $736 USD

20% deal:
4" $442 + $184 = $626
5" $823 + $184 = $1,007

1) @radman - 4" Stainless Steel
2) @YieldHunter - 4" Satin Black PC
3) @1world1love - 4” Satin Black PC
4) @kcjaz - 4" Satin Black PC
5) @Wafflroo - 4" Stainless Steel
6) @Leol785 - 4" Satin Black PC
7) @DoughNut - 4" Satin Black PC
8) @CharlieS - 4" Satin Black PC
9) @ty240 - 4" Satin Black PC
10) @rick312 - 4" Satin Black PC
11) @keegs - 4” Satin Black PC
12) @BigJohnAZ - 4” Satin Black PC
13) @outlaw4shrt - 4” Satin Black PC
14) @daeojkim - 4” Satin Black
15) @wmatthewt - 4” Satin Black
16) @Zsolt - 4” Satin Black
17) @prharper

ff1.jpeg

IMG_6334.jpg

Last edited:
I have been meaning to reach out to them. I would be in but probably the shipping from Houston to SF would eliminate any discount. Also, I would like to know more about the fitment so I know what I am getting into. If we knew what the size and weight were, I could get a quote on ground shipping. I’d still be ok with the GB to help with numbers as long as it didn’t make it more expensive than just ordering a single on my own.

I have been meaning to reach out to them. I would be in but probably the shipping from Houston to SF would eliminate any discount. Also, I would like to know more about the fitment so I know what I am getting into. If we knew what the size and weight were, I could get a quote on ground shipping. I’d still be ok with the GB to help with numbers as long as it didn’t make it more expensive than just ordering a single on my own.
Ditto. I am going to buy one of these either way so it just comes down to shipping cost from Houston to KC. Just need a size and weight for one unit. Also I wonder how they would pack the bulk buy shipment. 4 or however many on one box? That adds some hassle with splitting up the order and repackaging. Maybe other option would be to have FF drop ship to each purchaser. That may not add that much in shipping cost.

I’ll join! I’d like one in bare stainless please. As it’s been mentioned I’d need it shipped to me in WA. It would be nice if they could drop ship them to each buyer.

I’ll join! I’d like one in bare stainless please. As it’s been mentioned I’d need it shipped to me in WA. It would be nice if they could drop ship them to each buyer.
So you’d be happy just getting the 10% and maybe a slight discount on shipping direct do you?

I imagine that would put you around $650 depending on what their actual shipping costs are.

So you’d be happy just getting the 10% and maybe a slight discount on shipping direct do you?

I imagine that would put you around $650 depending on what their actual shipping costs are.
Yeah sounds good to me! If we can get 20 people even better. And I’d always be happy with cheaper if it can be arranged to ship direct to us, but not expecting that.

I’ve wanted one since seeing some of the Ed Martin rigs with them and then seeing Eric’s in person at LCDC sealed the deal. Just waiting for something like this to come along.

Doesn't this snorkel require an Australian airbox to make it work?
No. I've seen Eric Sargeant's rig with this snorkel and US spec air box. It is really made for the Aussie air box but can be connected to the US air box.

No. I've seen Eric Sargeant's rig with this snorkel and US spec air box. It is really made for the Aussie air box but can be connected to the US air box.

Yeah, but I'd like to see the details on this. I'd rather go with the aussie airbox if it requires a lot of creativity to install otherwise.

I just got an update on several questions:
1) everyone can order direct and still participate in the group buy. This will streamline payments, warranty, and shipping.
2) they will drop ship direct to you, but they are saying that shipping remains the same ($184). I’ll bring it up when I talk to them again to see if it’s the best they can do.
3) they’re saying that they don’t know of any LX570 installs, but I’m not skerd of trying. I can’t imagine anything being different than a LC

Last edited:
I just got an update on several questions:
1) everyone can order direct and still participate in the group buy. This will streamline payments, warranty, and shipping.
2) they will drop ship direct to you, but they are saying that shipping remains the same ($184). I’ll bring it up when I talk to them again to see if it’s the best they can do.
3) they’re saying that they don’t know of any LX570 installs, but I’m not skerd of trying. I can’t imagine anything being different than a LC
4) looks like we’re getting close to 10. Does 20% seem good or should I ask for 25?

Thanks for taking this on and following up. I don't believe that there should be any material difference between the LX and LC, but surely some of our fellow mud members know for sure.

So essentially it would be $685 delivered for a satin black PC. Not a bad deal for a quality snorkel.

20% seems like a pretty decent discount for a made-to-order product like this.

So essentially it would be $685 delivered for a satin black PC
yea, i've flopping back and forth on having them PC it. I should have a lot of new stuff to PC soon 😉, and it might be good to fit it to the rig unfinished as to not scratch the aussie PC.

yea, i've flopping back and forth on having them PC it. I should have a lot of new stuff to PC soon 😉, and it might be good to fit it to the rig unfinished as to not scratch the aussie PC.

Yeah, good point. I didn't think about the potential damage either during shipping or fitting.

I didn’t read everything because I got excited. If these will fit a 15 LX 570, then I’m 100% in.

Eff it, I’m in. I’ll sacrifice a Lexus front fender to be the test case. Let’s get this to 10 peeps so I can get the satin black powder coated.

I didn’t read everything because I got excited. If these will fit a 15 LX 570, then I’m 100% in.
i'm '15LX and it's going in no matter what.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom