F1.5 Belt Widths (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cstav86

SILVER Star
Threads
I have an 11/1974 F1.5. I have added power steering with @orangefj45 kit and relocated the alternator to the passenger side with a 2F alternator bracket. The only issue is the groove on the outside (closest to the front) is skinnier in width than the inside groove on the pulley. Valley Hybrids kit came with a 15mm belt and it fits right on the inside for the PS pump, but it is too wide for the outside groove. Does anyone know the width of belt I need for the outside groove?
It's hard to put a tape on it given the location, but rough measurements are the inside groove is 5/8" and the outside is 7/16".
5/8" to mm is just over 15mm, so that makes sense for the inside groove to run a 15mm belt.
7/16" would be about an 11mm belt. I am thinking this may work, its a 15/32" belt.

IMG_7147.JPG

IMG_7149.JPG

IMG_7150.JPG

I have the same pulley on my 5/1974 F 1.5 and use the narrow groove for my alternator now mounted on the passenger side. Here is the belt I’ve been using for quite a while, and it seems to fit & work well. I modified the 2F bracket for a GM 12 Si alternator so the length may not be exact for you, but it would be close. That’s a new belt in the pic and the pulley was wire wheeled clean a few hours ago for some paint.

Crank Pulley 1.jpg

Crank Pulley 2.jpg

Crank Pulley 3.jpg

@Steamer very helpful, I’ll check that belt out! Thank you.

@Steamer I can confirm this belt works and is the right width and length for any one utilizing the outside pulley on a F1.5 (F155) motor. Thanks for the help and hopefully if anyone else needs this thread they can find it.
F155 belt width F.5 F155

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom