Explore Glazing Gullwings (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone on here had any experience with products from Explore Glazing? Link below to their Troopy products.

I'm in the market for a gullwing window. I had looked into the more traditional options but the EMUwing is pretty pricy, and I've read that the Quick Pitch ones are about half that price but they are not very responsive and lead times are long. I decided to e-mail both Explore Glazing and Quick Pitch for quotes. Have yet to hear back from Quick Pitch but I got a reply from Explore Glazing the very next morning with a quote. I was quoted 395 euros for an aluminum gullwing and fitment kit and 75 euros for freight to the US. This works out to about $550 USD shipped. So it seems to be in between the Quick Pitch and EMUwing in terms of price. Best part though is that they said they have it in stock and I should be able to receive it in about 2 weeks, so lead time is the best of the bunch.

I've already let them know that I'd like to place an order so I'll report back once installed, but I was just curious if anyone else had gotten ahold of any of their products yet. They are a Dutch based company and seem relatively new, but have some pretty cool products including troopy sliding rear windows and glass gullwings that you can get with a pretty slick looking aluminum guard. Their website includes a price list for all their troopy items.

The only info I can add is the EmuWings are of phenomenal quality and justify their price.
Great customer service too.
Yep, that’s what I’ve consistently heard about the EMUwings and don’t doubt it. Just trying to highlight another option that’s out there.

I've been looking at the explore glazing products for over a year, but have too many other things to take care of first. Please do post a follow up once your receive them.

Has anyone on here had any experience with products from Explore Glazing? Link below to their Troopy products.

I'm in the market for a gullwing window. I had looked into the more traditional options but the EMUwing is pretty pricy, and I've read that the Quick Pitch ones are about half that price but they are not very responsive and lead times are long. I decided to e-mail both Explore Glazing and Quick Pitch for quotes. Have yet to hear back from Quick Pitch but I got a reply from Explore Glazing the very next morning with a quote. I was quoted 395 euros for an aluminum gullwing and fitment kit and 75 euros for freight to the US. This works out to about $550 USD shipped. So it seems to be in between the Quick Pitch and EMUwing in terms of price. Best part though is that they said they have it in stock and I should be able to receive it in about 2 weeks, so lead time is the best of the bunch.

I've already let them know that I'd like to place an order so I'll report back once installed, but I was just curious if anyone else had gotten ahold of any of their products yet. They are a Dutch based company and seem relatively new, but have some pretty cool products including troopy sliding rear windows and glass gullwings that you can get with a pretty slick looking aluminum guard. Their website includes a price list for all their troopy items.
Looks interesting but their website doesn't provide much information or pictures. Definitely post pictures of them once you get ahold of a set.

Looks interesting but their website doesn't provide much information or pictures. Definitely post pictures of them once you get ahold of a set.
Will do. Still waiting on their confirmation that they’re ready to ship, which should be this week.

Will do. Still waiting on their confirmation that they’re ready to ship, which should be this week.

Do they make them for the 76 series? I didn't see any listed on the website but maybe I overlooked it. I know EMUwing does.

Do they make them for the 76 series? I didn't see any listed on the website but maybe I overlooked it. I know EMUwing does.
Not that I saw on their website. You could contact them and ask - they have been very responsive.

From their Instagram and website they seem to be focused on defenders but also make for a lot of other vehicles, so maybe it’s something they’re working on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom