expedition style rig, write up? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
wondering if you guys can help, there was a member on here who had an 80 series setup for expedition, i was modeling that rig for my own, but i lost the bookmark for it on my pc, wondering if you could help me with which rotw, or where i can find this post

from what i can remember from some pic's he had a crap load of jerry cans mounted on the roofrack, darker colored rig, think it was for sale a while ago, recall the write up as an experience rockcrawler who was tired of that scene and built the rig i speak of

please help
matt

Betcha it was Dave Connors' rig. Search under "DMC" user ID..

1hour of search, finally found it, mods feel free to delete this

looking for dmc, and socalfj

DMC's ROTW is epic. Gets you thinking crazy like you want to quit your job and drive 14,000 miles to Ushuaia. Sick pitures too.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-tech/106713-rotw-desertdudes-1997-40th-aniversary.html

this one is amazing also. There are several expedition builds in the old ROTWs that are just mind boggling in the amount of work done in a short time.

In all my time wasting...I mean research on here I had missed that ROTW. Desertdude's post just inspired me to want, find, and then immediately buy a 97 sales brochure to compliment my 80 (Thank you Google and then Ebay). This truly is a sickness! :p

wondering if you guys can help, there was a member on here who had an 80 series setup for expedition, i was modeling that rig for my own, but i lost the bookmark for it on my pc, wondering if you could help me with which rotw, or where i can find this post

from what i can remember from some pic's he had a crap load of jerry cans mounted on the roofrack, darker colored rig, think it was for sale a while ago, recall the write up as an experience rockcrawler who was tired of that scene and built the rig i speak of

please help
matt

Easy. Crap load of Fuel Cans. LOL. He solved that by adding an Aux fuel tank.
He hitched an Adventure Trailer to it before he sold it. Definitely set up for long distance running.

Was a ROTW before: https://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-tech/166446-rotw-socalfj.html

Matt, If you are speaking of our rig, this is how it's setup now..

It was sold 7 months ago and we couldn't live without it. So it's coming back to us on the 17th of this month untouched and never used. We are very lucky. We are very excited to get it back.

It was sold 7 months ago and we couldn't live without it. So it's coming back to us on the 17th of this month untouched and never used. We are very lucky. We are very excited to get it back.[/QUOTE]

glad to se you came to your senses :D

It was sold 7 months ago and we couldn't live without it. So it's coming back to us on the 17th of this month untouched and never used. We are very lucky. We are very excited to get it back.

Glad you came to your senses x2.... Did you guys ever get that sportsmoblie you were looking to get?

getting it back

Matt, If you are speaking of our rig, this is how it's setup now..

thats the one, i really like it, i'm trying to get more into off the beaten bath style camping and ur rig seems built for that, trust me when i saw it for sale i died a little inside....adding to the fact that i couldnt afford it lol

where did you get the arb side rail bars, as i'm close to buying the bumper and would like those as well, i've heard their discontinued, but anyway...amazing rig and glad to see it back in good hands, maybe oneday mine will get to where yours is, where did u get ur gps setup?

glad to se you came to your senses :D

LOL Thanks man.

thats the one, i really like it, i'm trying to get more into off the beaten bath style camping and ur rig seems built for that, trust me when i saw it for sale i died a little inside....adding to the fact that i couldnt afford it lol

where did you get the arb side rail bars, as i'm close to buying the bumper and would like those as well, i've heard their discontinued, but anyway...amazing rig and glad to see it back in good hands, maybe oneday mine will get to where yours is, where did u get ur gps setup?

I appreciate it, if you want to email me any questions i'll answer them as best i can. The GPS was bought over a year ago. They don't make the Baja540 anymore. The ARB bars were bought buy a member on this board a while back and they're modified (stronger thicker wall tubing) and welded to Slee Slidersteps instead of the cheesy ARB tubes that bend.

Glad you came to your senses x2.... Did you guys ever get that sportsmoblie you were looking to get?
Yep... pic..
http://image52.webshots.com/752/4/64/18/2376464180034696539xbhGso_fs.jpg

With the poor economic times we have sold it. The cruiser is paid for and so is the trailer. The SMB was not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom