Expedition 1 Bumper Install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
OK, I finally got to the bumper. First I opened the box and misplaced the hardware in the excess packing material and called James to give him a $h*ty start to his Saturday. Then I found the stuff and we were off. First do the inventory, here's what you should have and here's what you remove:
inventory.jpg
take_offs.jpg
center support.jpg

Last edited:
Next you're almost there, don't install the lights first like I did, use a wire cutter to snip off the plastic clips/rivets, remove the little cups on the bottom of the fender well covers and remember to pull the upper cross bar. Then just fit up the bumper on to the frame horns. The nuts are a bear reach, this is why you leave the lights out.
almost ready.jpg
initifit.jpg

Next, install the lights and the front skid. James said to install under the Bud Built Skid, but over is only the way it'll work. I haven't installed t he side frame supports yet, but whill do the tomorrow when I install the winch - I need help with that and had to install the bumper to transport it;) .
portqtr.jpg
skid detail.jpg
bow view.jpg

That is the best looking FJ bumper I have seen to date!

Now I must buy one. Thanks for the install pics.

Looks awesome. Can't wait to see it in person.:cheers:

Thanks - FJ40LVR and I installed the winch this morning - I'll post pics as soon as I take some.

For anyone installing this, a ratcheting box end 14 mm wrench is worth the investment if you do not have one. Also, install the side frame support brackets before installing the skid plate - leave skid plate for last.

OK - here are some final install pics. If anyone has any specific questions, post or feel free to pm me.
final 001.jpg
final 002.jpg
final 005.jpg

Looks good, wish they could have sped up production though. What's the price as pictured above?

I went with All Pro and it has similar lines, slightly different features such as lower mounted recov points and front access instead of top access for the winch.

Looks good, wish they could have sped up production though. What's the price as pictured above?

I went with All Pro and it has similar lines, slightly different features such as lower mounted recov points and front access instead of top access for the winch.

I considered All Pro, Fab Fours, & Demello, and shopped ARB, Warn, &NW Land Cruisers. I'm glad I was patient, but I did ding up my stock cover while waiting:bounce: . Pricing is available from Expedition 1, but the set up with PIAA lights, hoop and powder coat was just under $1K.

Blues Dawg; What winch did you go with? Your rig looks great.

Thanks - got the Superwinch EPI 9000 through James (jfonz on MUD) at Expedition 1. Reasonable price w/ synthetic line and free shipping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom